Admissions Operations Coordinator
Locations:: Oakland, CA
Posted:: Sep 18, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time Non-Exempt
About Mills College:
Located in Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a liberal arts college for women and gender non-binary students, with graduate programs for all genders. Consistently ranked one of the top master's universities and one of the best value colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report, Mills also has been named one of the Best Colleges in the nation by The Princeton Review. The Mills experience is distinguished by small, interactive classes, one-on-one attention from exceptional faculty, a culture of creative experimentation, and cutting-edge interdisciplinary learning opportunities which empower students to make a statement in their careers and communities. As one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, we have a strong record of academic success with first-generation students, students of color, Latinx students, LGBTQ students, and other underrepresented students. Mills College has recently become a Hispanic Serving Institution. Applicants with expertise and experience in supporting and promoting success for Latina/o students are encouraged to apply.
Mills College encourages diversity in hiring and particularly welcomes applications and nominations from women, gender non-binary individuals, and minorities. Mills College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty. In so doing, we offer our students not only the opportunity to learn about varied disciplines but to engage with diverse perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. For more information, please visit www.mills.edu.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Admissions Operations Coordinator is responsible for processing and ensuring the integrity of admission data and materials, managing applications throughout the admission cycle, supporting communications flow to prospective students and applicants, communicating to our prospective student population, and building out events and other initiatives using Technolutions Slate CRM. This position is part of the Admissions Operations staff and includes supervision of part time student employees. This position advances goals set out in the Mills Strategic Plan by helping the college achieve increased enrollment through greater numbers of new first year, transfer, and graduate students.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily activities related to the regular maintenance and administration of the College's data systems with a focus on the Admissions CRM (Technolutions Slate). This includes but is not limited to processing data imports and exports; maintaining and updating queries; receiving, assessing, and inputting admission applications into a relational database; maintaining and updating admission data and files;
- Manage the flow and coding of Undergraduate application files through admission cycle from review to completion, including preparing applicant files for review by the Admissions Committee, entering decisions, creating, printing, and mailing decision notification.
- In collaboration with Admissions staff, build Admissions events, orientation and yield activities, and other initiatives in the CRM. Assist with on campus recruitment events .
- Assist with management of communication projects including Undergraduate Admission decision notifications, personalized email campaigns, coordinating mailings of print communications, and managing responses to the Undergraduate Admission email inbox.
- Manage Operations Ambassadors program, including hiring, scheduling, providing training, and mentorship. Collaborate with Ambassador Supervisory team.
- Create documentation of existing and new processes and maintain documents as updates are implemented; create training manuals and instructions for staff.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in department meetings for project planning and direction setting.
- Perform back-up admission office receptionist duties.
- Maintain safe work conditions and comply with established safety policies, practices, procedures, and requirements.
- Perform related duties as needed.
- Occasional weekend work required.
- Advanced computer skills, including database programs, spreadsheet applications, and word processing software.
- Knowledge of NACAC application guidelines and FERPA policies helpful.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and flexible personality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Professional written and oral communication skills with a history of providing exceptional customer service.
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects requiring independent execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative work style, self-motivation, and tolerance for shifting priorities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning applicant files.
Education and Training:
- AA degree or equivalent training; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years increasingly responsible administrative or general office experience, including operation of standard office machines and equipment.
- Ability to accurately type 60 wpm and perform heavy data entry for extended periods of time.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Demands:
- Work primarily involves sitting for long hours and using office equipment. The incumbent will often spend long hours on the computer entering admission data which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Work often requires bending to adjust or work with office equipment.
- Work occasionally requires physical exertion such as lifting heavy objects over 15 pounds.
- The incumbent will be located in a busy office setting. Interruptions and meeting with a variety of people will be required on a regular basis.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an FTE of 1.0. Hourly wage is $21.54 per hour and includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with college-matching after 6 month qualifying period, 10 days of vacation for year one, 15 days of vacation for years 2-10, and 22 days of vacation years 10+ plus, 12 sick days and 17 paid holidays (subject to annual review). Staff members also receive free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period. Voluntary benefits include: pet insurance, long-term care insurance, legal-assistance insurance, cellular provider discounts and computer hardware discounts.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills' non-discrimination policy, please go to https://www.mills.edu/policies/ada-policies/nondiscrimination-statement.php.
All positions are subject to a background check. Prior to the first date of employment, an applicant's background check must be cleared.
Click the "Apply Now" button below and follow instructions to submit the following documents:
- Employee Application
- Cover Letter and
- Contact Information for 3 References
Please note that you can only upload 6 "Other" documents. You can consolidate multiple pages/documents into one file upload. The file size limit for each upload is 10Mb.
Review of applicants will begin immediately; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.