Clerk IV - Center Administrator
Clerk IV - Center Administrator
Job no: 502799
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Institute Applied Life Science
Categories: Administrative/Office Support
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
The Institute for Applied Life Sciences (IALS) Center Administrative Assistant will assist the IALS Program Coordinator to advance and support the activities of the three research Centers (Models-to-Medicine, Center for Bioactive Delivery, and Center for Personalized Health Monitoring), and the student engagement efforts of IALS, including the Summer Undergraduate Core Internship Program.
- Schedule regular Center-related operational meetings, and take meeting minutes.
- Organize and maintain Center financial records and bookkeeping, generate detailed financial reports and summaries on Center expenditures.
- Manage the disbursement of smaller funding vehicles (rolling submission monthly).
- Organize and maintain Center membership databases & new faculty member induction.
- Work closely with IALS Program Coordinator and Center directors to plan and coordinate Center-related events & collaborative meetings, including Center-related seminars, and visits.
- Plan and coordinate new IALS faculty co-hire onboarding and orientation.
- With IALS Program Coordinator, strategize and plan institute-wide meetings and events (joint Center events).
- Assist with student recruitment and onboarding for the Summer Undergraduate Core Internship Program.
- Help organize and plan logistics for internship programming.
- Support other IALS administrative duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years administrative and office support experience.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and adhere to time sensitive deadlines independently, while taking direction from the IALS Program Coordinator.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience working in team environments.
- Ability to problem solve, identify and implement process improvements.
- Adept and experienced with Microsoft excel, basic bookkeeping and record keeping.
- Excellent organization skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- University research program support experience .
- Familiarity with UMass finance and reporting systems – Summit, PeopleSoft, and Kuali.
37.5 hours per week
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Sep 19 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 2 2019 Eastern Daylight Time