Associate Director of Enrollment Systems
South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) seeks a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Associate Director of Enrollment Systems.
*** Priority review of candidates will begin on Friday, October 11, 2019***
The Associate Director of Enrollment Systems reports directly to the Dean of Enrollment Services and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of software within the Enrollment Services Department. Current software responsibilities include Starfish, Mongoose and Radius (CRM) and coordination of the implementation of the SMS portion of ctcLink (PeopleSoft). The Associate Director will work closely with Outreach, Advising, Information Technology Services and Public Information to collaboratively create and use technology to support the college's strategic enrollment initiatives. This position requires a proficient level of analytical and programming capabilities and experience in developing and maintaining computer applications/systems.
South Puget Sound Community College is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its professional staff. The students that we serve come from a variety of backgrounds. We strongly encourage members of the underrepresented groups, veterans, and bi- or multi-lingual individuals to apply for this position to help meet the needs of our diverse students and service district.
We also offer:
- The Clipper Café specializing in seasonal comfort foods
- The Bake Shop offering daily baked goods made by our students
- Fine dining in the Percival Room, offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free choices as part of our Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts programs
- Campus bookstore offering snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies
- Starbucks coffee shop
- Bus service every 15 minutes to downtown Olympia and beyond – you receive a FREE State Agency Rider (STAR) Pass
- FREE parking on our campuses – permits are not required
- On-campus child care
- Percival Creek, which runs beneath our campus footbridge, provides year-round beauty and views of Chinook, Coho, and chum salmon pass through each fall
- Many walking paths that are marked and on nicely paved sidewalks
- Gym and recreation facilities
- SPSCC promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events on campus
- Lots of activities with our Artist & Lecture series, which are FREE for staff and faculty
- Many community events in the Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Arts
- Implement as needed and maintain a diverse set of technologies, including but not limited to Starfish, Mongoose and Radius (CRM). Additionally, coordinate specific processes assigned by the Dean of Enrollment Services, such as appointments and registration times, within HP Student Management System.
- Use analytic data to assess effectiveness of message, mode, and timing of strategic messaging and adjust communication plans accordingly.
- Work closely with department directors within Enrollment Services to determine technological needs and efficiencies. Additionally, close communications with other departments on campus is required to understand impacts of newly implemented technology.
- Collaborate with public relations team to maintain a consistent voice in all college messaging and reinforce branding standards in all college materials.
- Attend all advising and outreach staff meetings to communicate about the workflow and software needs of the departments.
- Participate in Instructional Council meetings as necessary and implement modifications in software based on changes in instructional curriculum.
- Develop and test software before implementation for quality control purposes.
- Recognize problems with data or performance within software and act appropriately to improve the condition.
- Develop front-line staff training for technologies, such as Radius and Starfish. Training includes initial implementation and ongoing upgrades to the software.
- Train incoming advising and outreach staff on software relevant to their position.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology department in the development of new technological solutions. Provide feedback to the IT department on the impacts of proposed technologies. Communicate with enrollment services staff regarding IT changes and improvements.
- Identify strategic opportunities to leverage CRM and other technologies to support college enrollment, retention, and completion goals.
- Maintain and update software to stay consistent with college changes in policy, procedure, and educational program requirements.
- Serve on campus committees representing Enrollment Services.
- Develop reporting that measures the impact of new technologies on students and college processes.
- Demonstrate multicultural competence (including an awareness and understanding of historically disadvantaged populations) and create an educational and work environment that affirms a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Support the college's mission by creating a work environment of mutual respect and fairness, while encouraging creative and critical thinking.
- Contribute to the appreciation of diversity and foster a climate of multicultural understanding.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, public administration or closely related field.
- At least two years of professional experience in IT, data management, marketing or related field
- Demonstrated experience or participation with persons from diverse backgrounds such as sexual orientation, racial, ethnic, religious, linguistic, gender, age, socio-economic, physical and learning abilities, and a commitment to an inclusive and equitable working/learning environment.
Applications must be completed online and include the following attachments:
- Cover letter addressed to the Screening Committee highlighting your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in the job posting.
- Current resume/CV showing all educational and professional experience which demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications.
Top candidates will be notified directly to interview for this position. Selection will be based on the applicant's knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties listed in this job posting as identified in the materials requested above. Applications with comments directing the reader to see attachments will be considered incomplete.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wishing to claim Veterans Preference should redact their personally identifiable information from a copy of their United States Department of Veterans Affairs honorable discharge documentation and email to [email protected] with the job number for which they are applying in the subject line.
Background Check Condition of Employment
Employment with the college is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check. Any adverse information will be considered on a case-by-case basis and does not automatically preclude a candidate from employment.
SPSCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons over age 40, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (360) 596-5500. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status. SPSCC is a drug-free workplace.