Student Success Assistant and Regional Customer Service Representative (part-time), Phillips
This is a part-time support position working 28 hours per week. This position reports to Regional Campus Manager
The individual filling this position can primarily expect to work Monday through Thursday 9:30 a.m. until 5:00 pm. An occasional Saturday shift is possible. Specific shifts will be determined with the supervisor, and shifts may vary depending on the needs of the campus at a given time. May need to fill in for shifts not normally scheduled for which is to be considered part of the regular work schedule.
The Regional Campuses have standard hours from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday, and some Saturday hours. Non-standard hours may apply based on demand.
- Completing general office duties, customer service, first point of contact, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, monitoring the budget, admissions call center, online chat, submission of facility requests, campus security, proctoring tests, room rentals, marketing, etc.
- Assist the Adult recruiter by attending community events, job fairs, rapid responses, etc., and assisting prospective students with career options, program selection, college processes and requirements, admissions, financial aid, and referrals to other divisions.
- First level advising services by working with an advisor to provide individual meetings, enrollment, credit load, instructional method, tutoring referrals, counseling services, viewing and understanding the student planner, student follow-up, student concerns within scope, and making referrals to other college services as needed.
- Serve as customer service contact for Regional Campus students: provide individual/direct assistance to students in collecting documents, cashiering, ordering books, accommodation requests, counseling service referrals, financial aid referrals, the promise, academic appeals, withdrawing from classes, and helping students understand the appropriate forms, processes, and procedures.
- Accurate collection, tracking, daily reporting, and deposits via Cashnet System.
- Act as facilitator for campus classes. Tasks associated with this function include, but are not limited to: instructor material distribution via Formstack, room set up and scheduling, IVC and other classroom technology coordination and troubleshooting.
- Provide a wide variety of support functions including tabulating data, creating and maintaining databases, formatting correspondence, report creation, special project support, marketing support, community events, and general related office duties.
- Maintain excellent public relations with students, staff and external customers; work as a member of the regional campus team to support students and the overall campus, division and institutional goals.
- Assist Regional Manager and Dean as requested.
- Support and assist all events and activities through Student Success.
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. *Each Customer Service Representative Position may vary slightly to include or not to include duties listed above based upon campus needs. Additional duties may be required.Qualifications
- One year of postsecondary appropriate to the position responsibilities, or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through occupational experience, or an equivalent combination of postsecondary education and occupational experience along with the ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, understanding of computer systems, ability to work with and train a diverse staff, confidentiality, accuracy in work with independent judgment and initiative, and courtesy and tact in dealing with students and staff. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic office technology including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and database systems.
- Demonstrate ability to learn other software as appropriate such as Peoplesoft, Perceptive Content, Cashnet, Formstack, Schooldude, and Cisco automated phone software.
- Must be able to quickly learn new skills to become proficient in job and keep up-to-date.
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, performing repetitive movements, sitting, twisting and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending, reaching, standing and walking
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, working at heights, working in temperature extremes and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 15 or more repetition(s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: 15 or more repetition(s) per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Safety and Training Programs as an Employee:
Required training: Emergency eye wash, emergency procedures, ergonomics (office/workplace) and slips, trips and falls.