Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach
Category:: Athletic Programs (707)
Locations:: New York, NY
Posted:: Sep 18, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for an Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach.
The Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach will report to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach, and will be responsible for managing assigned facets of the women's & men's Swimming & Diving Team, in accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations. Assistant coach duties may include assisting the head coach with any of the following responsibilities:
- Upholding all applicable NJCAA, NE District, Region XV and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
- Recommending appointment/retention of team manager; providing supervision for this staff member.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development and supervision.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Scheduling all regular season and post-season meets.
- Entering athletes for scheduled events as required by meet directors in advance of deadline.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Reporting results and providing a synopsis of meets for promotion on website and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips.
- Assuming full responsibility for the team in the absence of the head coach.
- Some driving may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or completion of two years in an accredited post-secondary institution of learning, required.
- Two years of coaching experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Must be able to obtain CPR / AED and lifeguard certification prior to the time of appointment.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets required.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips required.
- Valid driver's license in good standing preferred.
Stipend Range: $5,000-$7,500 per annum (based on experience, qualifications and budgetary allowance).
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are unable to contact each applicant about his or her application status.
For more information about us, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, [email protected]