Graduate Program Coordinator, MS in Environmental Metrology and Policy
Graduate Program Coordinator, MS in Environmental Metrology and Policy - Georgetown University Main Campus
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Program Coordinator, MS in Environmental Metrology and Policy - Georgetown University Main Campus
The Program Coordinator for the MS in Environmental Metrology and Policy program is responsible for fulfilling all academic and administrative responsibilities of the program. The landscape of responsibilities includes admissions support to prospects and applicants, academic affairs/student service to enrolled students, preparation for placement into the workforce, general financial & human resources accountabilities, faculty support and general administrative operations for the program. Overall, the Program Coordinator is responsible for all day-to-day, on-the-ground activities to manage and maintain a successful and healthy program. The Program Coordinator will also participate in program review.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Prospect, Applicant & Student Support
Outreach, Recruitment, Admissions
- Participate in marketing and recruitment efforts for the program
- Respond to applicant inquiries and support applicants throughout the admissions process
- Organize and prepare admissions applications for review, and following the appropriate steps for inputting decisions in Banner according to the policies and procedures set forth by the Graduate School Dean's Office
- Enroll eligible candidates into the program
- Maintain records of admissions statistics for program
- Ensure that students are appropriately registered each semester
- Monitor student status and academic progress
- Assist students in submitting special requests to the Graduate School in a timely manner (e.g. transfer of credits, leaves of absence, consortium requests, application for graduation / clearance and commencement preparations, etc.)
- Communicate with administrative departs regarding significant changes in student progress, status or program changes. Offices include: Graduate School Dean's Office, University Registrar, Student Financial Services, Office of Global Services, etc.
- Refer students to academic and non-academic resources as needed to support their progress and success in the program. This might include referencing the Academic Resource Center, Counseling and Psychiatric Services, Graduate Title IX Coordinator, Student Health, Graduate Student Organization, or other departments on campus
- Support program-level and Graduate School student events as requested (e.g. Orientation, Commencement, social events complementing students' academic pursuits, academic events supporting the curriculum, competitions, research, etc.)
Marketing, Outreach, Communications, Web
- Participate in recruitment and marketing efforts for the program with the faculty directors
- Develop and implement outreach plans with the faculty directors
- Conduct regular promotion and outreach of the programs, highlighting key activities, student and faculty accomplishments, and other important program endeavors
- Maintain program websites, update content as needed
Financial Aid Responsibilities
- Prepare merit-based aid program budgets as requested
- Monitor student enrollment and merit aid expenses
- Monitor student enrollment and communicated with registered student status and registration changes to key departments such as Graduate School, University Registrar, Office of Global Services, Student Financial Services
General Operations and Administration
- Review program financial activity regularly and verify that spending is within guidelines established by the Dean of the Graduate School
- Procure supplies and services to support program success
- Other general administrative duties that might fall in other categories such as human resources, finance, etc. that support the program(s)
Faculty & Curriculum Support
- Assist faculty with rank / tenure / promotion process where applicable
- Prepare HR and financial documentation in support of faculty (e.g. leaves / sabbatical, expense reports, procurement card management, etc.)
Curriculum / Program Support
- Assist faculty in course scheduling and general preparation
- Engage in program review when requested. This includes gathering historical data, organizing reports and preparing submissions for review by Graduate School Executive Faculty and University officials.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Work with the Graduate School Dean's Office to schedule events for each program
- Work with the Graduate School Dean's Office to facilitate appointments and hiring
- Participate in and support Graduate School student events as requested (e.g. Graduate Student Induction, Commencement, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by Graduate School leadership
- Bachelor's degree (most programs applicable)
- 3+ years of experience in higher education, preferably at the graduate level supporting and administering programs
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology as well as the policies and procedures that support activity at the university
- Understanding of appropriate and confidential file management, communication and storage
- Knowledgeable in the following applications: Google Apps, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Knowledgeable in the following applications: Drupal and or other web editing tools, Banner/Cognos, Hobsons/ApplyYourself/Radius and Workday
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Graduate-Program-Coordinator--MS-in-Environmental-Metrology-and-Policy---Georgetown-University-Main-Campus_JR07627
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency