Coordinator, Student Business Services
Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number2020024Posting/Functional TitleCoordinator, Student Business ServicesUniversity Pay Plan TitleCoordinator, Student Business ServicesLocationSan MarcosDepartmentStudent Business Services & BursarsRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$3500.00 - $4000.00Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with public speaking experience addressing small or large audiences.
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members and effectively support users in a professional manner.
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize workload, and complete work within established deadlines.
• Experience in establishing detailed procedures and process workflows including supporting documentation and training.
• Advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to observe discretion with sensitive, confidential, and privileged information.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends during peak periods.
• Experience with GATO or other web content systems
• Experience with SAP/Banner/TouchNet or other ERP systems
• Knowledge of accounting/auditing principles
The Coordinator, Student Business Services (SBS) designs, develops and implements creative, comprehensive communication plans for all SBS related policies and procedures. This position develops and delivers training on new policies, procedures, and new updates or features of SBS systems.Job Duties
Track and analyze metrics to measure communication effectiveness, ensuring successful and timely management of communications across multiple platforms. Solicit feedback, research trends, and make recommendations for new tools and systems to improve quality, consistency, and timeliness of information. Perform research, analyze existing policies and procedures for compliance; make recommendations of change for efficiency. Perform research, analyze existing policies and procedures for compliance; make recommendations of change for efficiency. Collaborate with SBS systems team providing feedback to new tools, features, or updates of SBS systems. Develop and deliver training for staff on new tools/features/updates of SBS systems, as well as provide and publish instructional guidance for students. Develop, coordinate and present the student billing and payment information for new student orientation. Serve on New Student Orientation planning committees. Coordinate the student billing process, including updates to automated communications content with OneCall, SmartMailer, and TouchNet systems. Monitor and coordinate overrides for excessive hours and course repeats with various academic advisors and/or FA counselors. Prepare the SBS calendar, events calendar on Texas State website, communication calendar for RACCC and provide information for the preparation of academic calendar.Additional Information to Applicants
*Applicants selected for interview will be required to deliver a 15 min PowerPoint presentation. Topic of presentation revealed to applicant at time of interview scheduling.Job Open Date09/17/2019Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)10/01/2019Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME, COVER LETTER AND LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).