Venture Manager, Creative Destruction Lab
The Rotman School of Management is part of the University of Toronto, a global centre of research and teaching excellence at the heart of Canada’s commercial capital. Rotman is a catalyst for transformative learning, insights and public engagement, bringing together diverse views and initiatives around a defining purpose: to create value for business and society. rotman.utoronto.ca
The Creative Destruction Lab is a seed-stage program for massively scalable, science-based companies. The program employs an objectives-based mentoring process with the goal of maximizing equity-value creation.
Under the general direction of the Senior Venture Manager, the Venture Manager participates in planning, implementing and evaluating CDL activities related to a stream of machine learning ventures.
The Venture Manager is responsible for executing effective strategies to identify and recruit start-up companies to the CDL program, assisting with the applications for funding for the Ventures, effectively communicating the activities and results of the CDL with internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Fostering stakeholder engagement and maintaining relationships with project partners
- Implementing plans and process improvements for project activities
- Promoting research initiatives to increase program visibility and reputation
- Promoting programs and service offerings to internal and/or external contacts
- Analyzing statistical information to evaluate the performance of programs and/or partnerships
- Monitoring established key performance indicators of projects or products
- Liaising with colleagues to encourage the use of best practices and consistent brand messaging
- Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years relevant experience in external relations, strategic community development, business development, stakeholder relations and/or venture management
- Demonstrated marketing, negotiation ad presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Experience with venture management a strong asset
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Achievement oriented
Department: Rotman: Centres
Campus: St. George (downtown Toronto)
Job Field: Research Administration
Job Posting: Sep 17, 2019
Job Closing: Sep 23, 2019, 10:59:00 PM