Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-16
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Title: Clinical Instructor
Institution: University of Miami
Reports to: Chief, Division of Gastroenterology
Faculty Appointment Clinical Instructor
Salary Range: $80,000
Date: July 1, 2020
Type of Position: Full Time Non-Tenure
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The physician in the in the clinical track will be trained in the management of inflammatory disease patient in the Crohn’s and colitis center. Additionally, the incumbent will provide clinical care approximately 15-20% of their time seeing clinic patients while teaching fellows and doing endoscopic procedures. .
Outline of additional responsibilities include but are not Limited to:
- Approximately 80% of time involved in training under IBD providers how to manage IBD patients This includes participating in clinical research studies.
- Supervision of GI fellows in outpatient clinic on the Medical Campus and billing for these services
- Perform endoscopic services outpatients
- Participate in scholarly activities in inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- MD Degree and ACGME US internal medicine internship and residency, or Boarded in Internal Medicine
- Completed 3 year GI fellowship
- Valid American Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology/ (or board eligible)
- Valid unrestricted Florida Medical License or eligible to apply (must have license prior to credentialing)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Completion of 3 year gastroenterology fellowship
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements
- Must have excellent clinical knowledge and experience to provide safe and quality care to patients and meet institutional standards of care
- Current ACLS and BLS certification required
- Valid DEA licensure
All applicants must apply online.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.