Law Enforcement Instructor
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-16
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine has an immediate need for Law Enforcement Instructor. This Law Enforcement Instructor will work out of the Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education.The mission of the Gordon Center (GCRME) is to develop and disseminate leading edge educational programs utilizing advanced technology and simulation systems. The Law Enforcement Instructor is part of the cadre of instructors that teach in the GCRME emergency training programs that trains over 15,000 learners per year. Courses include Emergency Response to Terrorism and Active Shooter (Medical Response to Incidents of Intentional Mass Violence
Law Enforcement Instructor
- Provides classroom instruction and scenario based training for established lesson plans in Law Enforcement, Terrorism, Active Shooter Hostile Event, topics and/or specialized law enforcement fields and tactics. Teaches established lesson plans, develops lesson plans and prepares instructional materials.
- Coordinates visits by guest instructors, instruct trainees and coordinates training schedules and training venues.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports
- Speaks to interested groups of first responders.
- Topics of instruction include: Rescue Task Force (RTF), Incident Command, Incident Management, Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TCC), Law Enforcement Tactical Operations (i.e., SRT, SWAT), Bleed Control (B-Con)
- Prepares for courses and briefs actors participating in scenarios.
- Perform duties in classroom or simulated training setting
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods
- Must be able to carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions – rain, extreme heat and cold
- College degree preferred and/or 3 years instructor experience
- Must be willing to travel domestic and international with valid passport
- Tactful law enforcement experience (ex: SWAT)
- Preferred skills and experience with instructing adult learners and have completed at least one of the following instructor training programs:
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Standards and Training Certification Course Florida General Instructor Techniques Course (or like out of state law enforcement instructor training course)
- DHS-Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP Instructor Training Course
- DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Law Enforcement Instructor Training Program (or like federal Law Enforcement/Military Police instructor training program.)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Instructor Development Program.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:c106