Basic Functions & Responsibilities
As a key leadership team member of Enrollment Services, this individual will provide strong leadership consistent with the mission and strategic enrollment goals of Fox Valley Technical College. The Assistant Registrar must be a visionary leader committed to creating systems of positive, seamless and knowledgeable communication and constituency service; implementing and enforcing institutional, professional, and legal policies, standards and regulations; enhancing services and resources in response to faculty and student needs; and employing emerging technology to enhance the efficiency, convenience, accuracy, and effectiveness of services to support FVTC. The Assistant Registrar is also responsible for scheduling and workload assignments for enrollment facilitators specializing in admissions and registration, as well as the Welcome Center staff.
Essential Job Functions/Secondary Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the integrity and security of academic records for students and staff.
- Provide leadership to ensure all college employees are aware of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and that the college is in compliance.
- Provide verification of student records to third party sources within guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Collaborate with HR and Conduct Manager on subpoenas
- Manage the College’s registration, grade collection, and graduation audit processes for all students using PeopleSoft (academic calendar set-up, probation/suspension, term set-up, term activation, enrollment appointments, instructor grading processing, etc.)
- Manage student academic records and graduate processes and procedures
- Manage and coordinate FVTC’s graduation activities and ceremonies.
- Assist and participate in New Student Registration Sessions to ensure quality control.
- Manage daily registration and admissions processes (i.e.: Efficient Application Processing, Student Refund Appeals Committee; Evaluation and standardization of college processes and procedures; Enrollment Verifications, etc.)
- Serve as Back-Up on Phones and Counters as needed
- Provide direction to peripheral technologies that support student records, registration, and admission processes (inclusive of MyTraining, Take a Class, and other registration related systems).
- Serve as an active team member in PeopleSoft related projects such as version upgrades and enhancements.
- Testing Support
- Utilize technology to develop systems that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of registration and admissions services.
- Supervise and manage Quality Control Specialist
- Evaluate training to ensure consistency among Enrollment Services, Regional Centers and other areas which support registration functions.
- Coordinate the College’s student data reporting efforts
- Serve as the primary contact for student related reporting requests.
- Work effectively with college personnel to meet deadlines and requests:
- Census Dates
- Design and oversee audit processes that ensure the integrity of student records.
- Direct and supervise the service operations within the Enrollment Services department to ensure viable and relevant services for prospective and currently enrolled students.
- Set appropriate annual and long-term strategic objectives for the department in conjunction with other department managers and plan for the successful achievement of those goals.
- Manage and monitor assigned departmental budgets, ensuring proper and well-planned resource allocation to maintain and enhance learning environments and customer service levels.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for college and departmental operations.
- Ensure that all departmental activities conform to federal, state, and district polices.
- Manage assigned Enrollment Facilitators, including Oshkosh Enrollment Facilitators, and Appleton Welcome Center to include organizing operational staffing schedules and track attendance, vacation, and personal time to ensure appropriate level of office coverage is provided.
- Participate in the investigation, development and implementation of new services and processes in response to customer needs and trends.
- Contribute knowledge of PeopleSoft processes when collaborating with other college staff in problem solving and issue resolution to ensure compliance with new state and/or federal regulations, accreditation compliance, process changes, etc.
- Network with WTCS and other college colleagues as appropriate to gain appropritate technical and functional understanding and knowledge of college systems, compliance issues and best practices.
Secondary Job Functions
- Assist in the coordination and continuous improvement of innovative and technical forms of service delivery.
- Serve as liaison between external agencies and Fox Valley Technical College in regard to student academic records
- Foster a positive customer service image to students, faculty, and staff
- Serve on institutional committees, projects, task forces, etc. as appropriate.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree desired, AND
- Three years of managerial/supervisory experience in a higher education setting, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Skilled in the use of PeopleSoft Student Administration desired.