Position: Purchasing Assistant Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 432 # of Openings: 1 ACCOUNTING AND PURCHASING – PURCHASING ASSISTANTThis is a part-time position: 25 hours per week/12 months per year. Responsibilities: Responsible for General office and Receptionist duties in the Accounting and Purchasing department including regular interaction with vendors and campus buyers. Duties:
- Process new vendor requests, create new vendors in the ERP and eProcurement systems, and monitor the vendor email box.
- Maintain the system that charges copier expense to campus-wide departments. In doing so, process new employee notifications and copier billing and refund requests.
- Assist eProcurement operations, user training sessions, and the answering of client questions.
- Instruct campus eProcurement users as needed in best practices for placing and completing orders.
- Support the College’s vending program. Work with vending companies and call for service as needed.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Process mail for the Accounting and Purchasing department, answer the telephone, and order supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree.
- One year of experience in a customer service role with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general business accounting practices.
- Ability to learn a variety of financial systems. Experience with Ellucian Banner, Papercut, and Unimarket software a plus.
- Physically able to use a computer, keyboard, and mouse throughout each workday.