Specialist, Talent Acquisition
Provides administrative support to effectively hire and onboard new employees at HACC. Creates, maintains, and tracks all aspects of the new hire onboarding packet, including criminal background clearances required of all employees.Essential Job Functions
1. Creates and/or reviews job requisitions in the applicant tracking system for accuracy; updates applicant and job posting statuses.
2. Coordinates and confirms interview schedules with search committees, hiring managers, and candidates; coordinates travel arrangements for candidates.
3. Provides basic recruitment and onboarding assistance to applicants, hiring managers, and search committee members; monitors inquiries sent to general talent acquisition email account.
4. Runs background clearances and ensures timely completion of clearances for faculty and staff; provides FBI fingerprinting service for candidates and current employees.
5. Monitors and updates the onboarding system to ensure that new employees have completed all appropriate documentation; conducts I-9 verifications; submits personnel transactions to assign new employees and transfers to their appropriate positions; creates or updates the digital personnel file for each new employee.
7. Updates the human resources talent acquisition intranet pages, internet pages, and other on-line resources.
8. Serves as a backup to the human resources office reception desk.
9. Attends job fairs and participates in other recruitment activities; assists with special projects, as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.Job Specific Task List
Operates a computer to create and monitor job listings
Provides backup and support to other employees within the department
Provides customer service via phone, email, or in person
High School diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience. Or a combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.Licensing RequirementsPhysical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.Qualifications: Preferred Experience
-Knowledge of PA Act 15 Clearances
-Demonstrates proficiency in detail-oriented data management.
-Demonstrates proficiency working independently, and motivation to learn and accept ownership of area of responsibility.
-Demonstrates proficiency working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
-Demonstrates proficiency using technology, such as email, Adobe, and Microsoft products.
-Ability to act as the central point for human resources talent acquisition onboarding processes and procedures.
-Ability to provide excellent customer service and solid direction to others.
Clerical and office support practices
Record keeping principles
Assigned department operations and functions
Report preparation techniques
Inventory maintenance principles
Customer service principles
English language, punctuation, and grammar
Applying and explaining applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and/or procedures
Prioritizing and organizing work
Preparing and proofreading variety of business correspondence, records, reports, documents and forms
Exercising judgment and discretion
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Preparing meeting agendas and minutes
Providing customer service
Operating a variety of office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, telephone, fax machine, and adding machine
Creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future – together.HACC's Vision Statement
HACC will be the first choice for a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
HACC’s core values are integrity, collegiality, excellence and trust.HACC's Diversity Statement
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and
the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.Documents which can be associated with this postingRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Any Other Relevant Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- PA Job Gateway
- HACC Website
- Employee Referral
- Other, please specify below
- * Do you have at least two years of related experience?
- * Please describe your time management and organizational style.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your ability to work in an environment where you will be expected to shift your focus quickly, handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize demands independently.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?