Facilities Management Specialist - HVAC
Responsible for acting as technical experts in their field performing semi-skilled and skilled work in the installation, troubleshooting, construction, maintenance and repair of facilities. Positions may serve as lead workers, assigning and reviewing work and providing direction and instruction in work methods; and may assist in the purchasing of supplies and equipment. This position requires advanced training and/or certification in the specialized field of HVAC.Essential Job Functions
Responds to requests and travels around to campus to perform maintenance
Operates necessary equipment for assigned repairs and maintenance
Monitors, tracks, and troubleshoots work orders and projectsJob Specific Task List
- Performs semi-skilled and skilled work in assigned department operations and maintenance, which may include: repair, or electrical/HVAC maintenance.
- Monitors, tracks, and troubleshoots assigned systems and work orders to ensure progress, safety, and/or compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains and repairs assigned equipment as needed; performs ongoing maintenance checks to determine need and ensure operational safety.
- Records maintenance schedules, statistics, and activities as required on assigned computer systems and specified forms and documents.
- Performs outdoor maintenance including snow removal, salt spreading, and placement of sandbags when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.Licensing Requirements
Valid Driver’s LicensePhysical Requirements
Position typically require: kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, and possible exposure to blood or OPIM (Other potentially infectious material).
Operator or knowledge of BAS (Building Automation Systems) Metasys
Refrigerant Certification I & II (minimum), Prefer UniversalAdditional Knowledge and Skills:
Assigned department operations and functions Repair and maintenance principles and practices Specialized Equipment
Record keeping principles Inventory maintenance principles
Operating a variety of maintenance related equipment Applying maintenance and operations principles
Following oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures
Performing carpentry, masonry, painting, plumbing and routine electrical work Prioritizing work and performing multiple tasks
Creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future – together.HACC's Vision Statement
HACC will be the first choice for a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
HACC’s core values are integrity, collegiality, excellence and trust.HACC's Diversity Statement
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a
college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- PA Job Gateway
- HACC Website
- Employee Referral
- Other, please specify below
- If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?