Associate Web Application Developer - Engineering Administration (121503)
Associate Web Application Developer
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Grainger College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Associate Web Application Developer.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION
The Associate Web Application Developer is responsible for programming and maintaining web applications or sites within the College of Engineering web hosting infrastructure. The Associate Web Application Developer is expected to act within guidelines and consult with seniors to make changes with minimal risk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance existing web applications or sites by developing new functionality through code.
- Develop applications or sites according to specifications provided by the director, manager or lead.
- Utilize database backend to read, write and store information via web interfaces.
- Improve performance of systems through commonly accepted and utilized practices.
- Solve problems under limited supervision.
- Meet straightforward deadlines.
- Respond to user requests for service in timely, polite, and professional manner.
- Document functionality of projects authored within an existing documentation framework.
- Write reports and summaries of work accomplished by submitting regular status reports required for billing.
- Partner with Engineering and department/unit staff to assist with improvements application or site needs for the college.
- Work with Engineering staff to provide application support which may occur outside of business hours
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Information Systems or related field of study.
- One year experience in computer programming or related field.
- HTML/CSS experience; creating web-pages, frameworks, and general design.
- 1-2 years in one of the following supported framework programming languages: PHP, Classic ASP, .NET
- 1+ years MSSQL or MySQL and application/website development experience.
- Advanced application troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with requirements gathering and business process improvement.
- SQL database experience; writing queries to select, insert, update and join data from multiple tables.
Highly Qualified Applications Will Have the Following:
- Ability to develop basic web applications or sites which display information and/or collect user data stored in a relational database and allows manipulation of data by the user.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with applications or sites through customer interaction and analysis of code.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of best practices for the web, including accessibility, usability standards, and standards compliance.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the deadline. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by October 14, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:Engineering Category:8-Technical Title:Associate Web Application Developer - Engineering Administration (121503) Open Date:09/16/2019 Close Date:10/14/2019 Organization Name:Engineering Administration