Enterprise Application Administration Specialist - AITS (122147)
Enterprise Application Administration Specialist
University of Illinois System
The University System Office seeks an Enterprise Application Administration Specialist. The Enterprise Application Administration Specialist will work within a team environment to maintain, optimize, and provide technical support for enterprise-wide applications/systems. The Enterprise Application Administration Specialist will assist with the implementation and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered enterprise applications related to Finance, HR/Payroll and Student systems. Additional responsibilities include:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide recommendations and assist with architecting and implementing newly purchased or existing enterprise vended applications to ensure fault tolerance and achieve the highest level of availability for clients.
2. Provide application administration and technical support including installation, patching, upgrading, monitoring, knowledge documentation, and troubleshooting the university’s enterprise applications as well as interacting with the associated vendors.
3. Research, coordinate, and apply information systems solutions, decision-making, and capacity planning that will align the University with contemporary and future technology.
4. Manage and prioritize, projects, multiple tasks and work with shifting priorities and schedules.
5. Perform second tier customer service to University faculty, staff and students troubleshooting and documenting any issues encountered using customer-oriented applications.
6. Recommend and implement actions to improve operations, deliver stable and secure solutions, achieve maximum performance, and business continuity/disaster recovery for the enterprise systems.
7. Support production critical activities during non-business hours, as needed. This will require some evening or weekend hours, depending on the business cycle of the University, participating in a rotating on-call schedule.
8. Other duties as assigned appropriate for an Enterprise Application Administration Specialist.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
1. Two years of information technology experience focusing on software application architecture, installation, and administration in UNIX/Linux (prefer Solaris or RedHat) or Microsoft Windows environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting middle-tier products including Apache, IIS, and Tomcat.
- Experience with Oracle DBMS, Microsoft MSSQL and SQL.
- Understanding UNIX/Linux shell or Windows Power Shell.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language (preferably C, Java, or PL/SQL).
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills that require attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, tasks and to work with shifting priorities and schedules.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including working with diverse groups of individuals, building partnerships, and strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Full range of Ellucian Banner Technical knowledge working with the Ellucian Banner ERP system (database, middle tier, and batch processes).
- Experience in formal ITIL protocol methods for Request/Incident Management and Change Management.
- Requisite technical skills to make recommendations on strategy and approach for continued high functionality of enterprise applications in support of the University's vision and strategic plan.
- Technical administration skills utilizing cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with one or more of the following systems and services: CA Service Desk Manager, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, SitePublish, Mobius View, OpenText RightFax, HP SiteScope, Documentum, Infor Travel Expense Management, and Identity and Access Management (IAM).
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after October 23, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by October 23, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Melissa McMullen at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:System Office Category:8-Technical Title:Enterprise Application Administration Specialist - AITS (122147) Open Date:09/17/2019 Close Date:10/23/2019 Organization Name:AITS Admin