EYFP Program Assistant - Richmond County
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleEYFP Program Assistant - Richmond CountySalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$15-$19/hr., fringe benefits not includedPosition Number11ASO1394Work Schedule20/hrs a week, this can be during work days. Some nights and weekend work requiredFull Time Equivalent (FTE).50Department112401 - NCCES 4-H/FCS TEAMDepartment NC 4-H Youth DevelopmentJob City & StateRockingham, NCEssential Job Duties
This position is housed with Richmond County Cooperative Extension Office. Due to the nature of the position, it is encouraged that the candidate lives in the county or a neighboring county.
- Direct day-to-day county-based grant project activities
- Market and recruit EYFP Powerful Communities participants
- Provide instruction as a member of the EYFP County Team using multiple curricula and at program-related events
- Work with county staff and local partners to build network locally around the EYFP Powerful Communities Program
- Work with the state team to collect county EYFP data
The NC EYFP Program focuses on opioid prevention education for youth ages 10-14 and their caregivers in rural North Carolina. The NC 4-H Empowering Youth and Families Program is comprised of 4 core elements which provide intensive relationship and communication education for families with a focus on providing research-based information about the impact and statistics related to opioid misuse specifically to help youth and families make informed healthy decisions. The 4 core elements include the evidence-based Strengthening Families Program 10-14; a research-based Powerful Communities Curriculum which is under development using the resilience factors identified in the research literature related to adverse childhood experiences; a family weekend Confluence during which families and their county Cooperative Extension educators work together to learn action planning and develop a plan for delivery of a focused opioid prevention event in their respective communities; and the community-based opioid prevention event which is planned and implemented by families in partnership with their Cooperative Extension educators and other community-based organizations. For more information visit the website at https://opioidpreventionnc.org/
This is a grant funded therefore the position is coded as a temp position. According to NCSU policy, this individual is required to take a 32 consecutive day leave from this position each year. Time of leave will be sometime in the summer of each year. Fringe benefits are not included in this position.
Work Schedule – 20 hours per week. This can be during work days. Nights and some weekends are required. The EYFP Assistant will recruit participants, prepare for and implement EYFP, network with partners, and market the EYFP. This person will participate in the confluence weekend as well as assist cohorts in the creation and implementation of required community events.Other Work/Responsibilities
-High School diploma or equivalent OR an Associates Degree
-Experience with non-formal education program delivery, management, and instruction.
-Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
-Strong work ethic and attention to detail
-Ability to work as contributing member of a team
-Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Ability and experience to plan, manage, organize and implement educational activities with youth and adult audiences
-Ability to operate standard office equipment including multi-line phone, computer, printer, and fax
-Ability to lift at least 25 pounds, supplies for educational training
-Bachelor’s Degree preferredRequired License or Certification
-Valid Driver’s LicenseSpecial Instructions
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for at least 3 references (names, position and contact information)
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.09/20/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/30/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or Equivalent or an Associates Degree?
- * Do you have experience with nonformal education program delivery, management and instruction?
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Office products?
- * Do you possess a strong work ethic, are able to pay attention to detail and be a team player?
- * Do you have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities?
- * Do you have the ability and experience to plan, manage, organize and implement educational activities with youth and adult audiences?
- * Do you have the ability to use standard office equipment including multi-line phone, computer, printer and fax?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Are you able to lift up to 25 lbs?
- Do you, or will you have by hire date, a Bachelor's Degree?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for References