ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
Posting Number: SRGV4135
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
To assist in the medical supervision and care of student athletes and in monitoring the safety of equipment and procedures; to provide administrative support. Responsible to assist with the medical and injury related needs of student athletes.
Description of Duties:
• Evaluates athletic related injuries and determines appropriate subsequent care or referral.
• Directs medical supervision of team practices and events.
• Implements medical emergency action plan in event of medical emergency.
• Documents injuries, treatments and rehabilitation.
• Maintains medical records.
• Develops appropriate flexibility and strength programs for injury prevention.
• Develops progressive rehabilitation programs post-injury safe return to activity.
• Oversees and administers daily treatment of student athletes including stretching, massage and therapeutic modalities.
• Coordinates physical exam process and drug testing procedures.
• Travels with sports team for medical coverage and student care on the road.
• Supervises and instructs student trainers in the internship program.
• Counsels student athletes on injury, health, safety and nutrition topics.
• Assists with pre and post practice and event preparation of student athletes and sport venue.
• Schedules and transports injured student athletes to appropriate medical facilities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Master’s degree from in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Athletic Training, or Sports Medicine. from an accredited institution of higher education.
• Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within six (6) weeks of hiring. • NATA BOC Certification or eligible for certification exam. • Texas License as an Athletic Trainer through Texas Department of Health or be eligible for exam.
• One (1) year experience in Sports Medicine field or applicable medical field setting involving care, prevention, evaluation, treatment or rehabilitation of injuries.
• Knowledge of NCAA and University athletic policies and procedures.
Use of standard office equipment, personal computer, and audio/visual equipment. Use of ultrasound therapy, electrical stimulation therapy, hydrotherapy tank, hydrocollator unit, microcurrent stim therapy.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Long and varied hours. Frequent weekend and evening activities. Travel with overnight and/or multi-day stays required. Possibility of working in dangerous conditions such as blood borne pathogen related areas. Possibility of working in inclement weather conditions (i.e. cold, heat, rain, etc.)
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/17/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/22615
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency