University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5051
Location: Mail Services
Appointment: Regular, full-time (1.0 FTE) position Position Summary: This mail clerk sorts incoming and outgoing mail and provides customer services, including over-the-counter stamp sales, mailing parcels, accepting delivery and transmitting facsimile message processing. Processes delivery of mail, packages and other services to students, faculty, and staff. Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deliver student incoming and outgoing mail.
- Process incoming and outgoing parcels.
- Process outgoing departmental mail on Connect + 3000 meter machine.
- Conduct over the counter stamp sales.
- Process facsimile messages.
- Answer phone and in person questions regarding the status of student, faculty and staff mail.
- Research incorrectly addressed mail for correct addressing and reroute mail to the correct address.
- Distribute and collect campus mail.
- Deliver packages to departments via golf cart.
- Forward mail for students who have graduated, are on study abroad, or leave of absence.
- Lift, carry, push and pull items one to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Sit and Stand on a regular basis.
- Execute cashier transactions, including giving change and counting the till.
- Make daily deposits.
Supervise work-study students
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to understand complex Postal Service, Federal Express, and United Parcel Service procedures, rates, and regulations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to use personal computers, telephones, fax equipment, calculators, and mail metering equipment
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate, and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Customer service and cash handling experience highly desired
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Resume Cover Letter
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency