Part-Time Adult Basic Education Instructor
The Adult Basic Education Instructor is responsible for counseling and instructing adults who require basic academic skills and workplace readiness skills in order to gain employment.
The instructor must possess the ability to work with students from different cultures, socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
This position works 10-15 hours a week, typically 9:00am-2:30pm.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides and designs individualized learning programs for adult customers in an open entry/open exit program.
- Provides academic instruction including integration of computer aided instruction for customers.
- Coordinates and manages the online classrooms of the adult education programs.
- Provides instruction in basic computer literacy for customers.
- Provides instruction in workplace readiness.
- Provides on-going program status reports to the Director.
- Corresponds with the program counselors and referring agencies.
- Integrates the use of social media and online resources into the program.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and Department of Workforce Development meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- New Jersey teaching certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in adult education instruction.
- Knowledge of adult basic education standardized assessment instruments.
- Knowledge of Common Core and College and Career Readiness standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office