Business Systems Analyst - Student Financials (ITS)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-17
Information Technology Services (ITS) at The University of Virginia is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join the Student Information System (SIS) Enterprise Applications group. This group maintains and implements new business functionality in the student information system for all schools and student-related administrative units.
The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for maintaining student finance set up, assessing and redesigning existing business processes and implementing the desired solutions while working closely with stakeholders within the respective schools and administrative units to reach common goals. This position will also manage complex projects within project management guidelines. The successful candidate will have project management and business experience with leading a large organization and/or experience executing complex IT projects successfully.
The Business Systems Analyst will need to be able to analyze and propose new solutions and troubleshoot issues as they relate to student systems and the student finance modules. Experience working with enterprise applications systems such as PeopleSoft will be critical to success. We are looking for someone who can work well with others in a cross-functional, team-based environment; someone who can be comfortable with and inspired by change; willing to work within a variable work schedule as determined by the needs of the project; and an individual who can effectively facilitate and/or lead meetings and working groups.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Independently analyze existing business processes, design new business processes, and guide/advise on the implementation of new processes within the context of vendor-supplied software.
- Determine and recommend programs required for optimal problem solution within cost/performance objectives.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that programs meet or exceed schedule commitments.
- Troubleshoot issues as they relate to student systems and the student finance modules.
- May function in project capacities including, but not limited to, requirements gathering, functional design, functional configuration, testing, and documentation.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex or unprecedented problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or an associate degree with 4 years of professional experience is required.
- 5 years of experience that includes project management experience and exp. configuring and setting up enterprise application systems to ensure they meet financial policies (University experience preferred).
- Strong technical skills and troubleshooting techniques required; including proficiency with reporting, query tools and/or SQL.
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position that includes all the benefits of a full-time UVA employee including but not limited to: dental, vision, health insurance, retirement, etc. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Anticipated Hiring Range: $70,000.00 - $77,000.00 yearly depending upon education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA) .Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘R0010229'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and relationship). Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘‘R0010229'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and relationship). The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.