Student Resources Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Conduct Professional Services- Limite...
Job Title: Student Resources Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Conduct Professional Services- Limited Benefit (Contingency)
Location: GRCC Main Campus
Job ID: 1014
Date: September 17, 2019
Title: Student Resources Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Conduct Professional Services- Limited Benefit (Contingency)
Position Number: 1014
Work Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks
Reports to: Director of Student Life and Conduct
Posting Closes: September 24, 2019
For information on “Who are Professional Services, Limited Benefit Employees?” please visit http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/employeegroups/contingentemployees.
The Student Resources Coordinator holds responsibilities primarily in coordinating and supporting events, clubs/orgs, and special programs that relate to areas of student support, including food, housing, and financial insecurity. This is accomplished through a number of wellness-oriented initiatives, including arranging on-campus visits by community partners, coordinating resources fairs, and offering one-on-one assistance to students.
This position manages the on-campus Food and Snack Pantries, maintaining communication with students, faculty, and staff on the resources available. The college is committed to creating a “single stop” center for food, housing, and financial insecurity, and this position will lead these efforts with support from the coinciding College Action Project (CAP 3.3).
This role also plans and implements all health and wellness education programs, raising awareness of food, housing, & financial insecurity, drug & alcohol abuse, and Title IX-related concerns (including sexual harassment, assault, discrimination, dating/domestic violence, etc).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate and support activities pertaining to student emergency housing, food, and funding issues at all GRCC locations (Main Campus, DeVos Campus, Tassell and Thompson MTECs, and Lakeshore).
- Develop a campus wide offering of events, trainings, and programs that promote student wellness, including programming on sexual misconduct awareness/prevention and drug and alcohol education.
- Create on-campus learning opportunities for students centered on financial literacy, tenant rights, nutritional wellness on a budget, and other related crisis-based issues around housing, food, and funding.
- Coordinate departmental programming and initiatives, including Fall/Winter Information Stations, Civic Engagement Week, the Health and Wellness Fair, and Martin Luther King Jr Day.
- Assist in the advisement of the Student Alliance, GRCC’s student government organization.
- Offer outreach to students facing housing, food, and/or funding crises.
- Assist in maintaining the grcc.edu/gethelp student resource webpage.
- Build relationships with community resources and organize visits to campus to serve GRCC students.
- Create and manage a communication plan focused on educating staff, faculty, and students of the resources available to them on campus and in the community.
- Manage food and snack pantries which would include food drives, stocking, distributing inventory to snack pantries, ordering, etc.
- Identify possible sources of funding, i.e., grants, AmeriCorps, Department of Health and Human Services, etc.
- Assist the director with coordinating the collection, compilation, analysis, reporting, and dissemination of data pertaining to food, housing, and financial insecurity.
- Represent the Office of Student Life and Conduct on a variety of college committees, Campus Action Projects, and community partnerships.
- Assist with Student Life services including opening, closing and managing the front office.
- Support efforts to provide training, development, and support for student leaders and organizations.
- Shared oversight of annual Student Life events including, but not limited to, Raider Rally, Welcome Week, Blood Drives, and Finals Relaxer.
- Assist with campus-wide events such as Orientation, Open Houses, and Commencement.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving students and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Regular communication with the campus and community will include e-mail, phone, classroom visits, face-to-face conversations, web page management, community partnering, etc.
- Persons in this role are identified as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). CSA's will be trained and responsible for reporting Clery Reportable Crimes to Campus Police as required by the Clery Act.
- Other duties as assigned by the director.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Direct experience with at-risk populations preferred.
- Experience in programming and presentations preferred.
- Experience in program coordination & evaluation preferred.
- Experience in higher education highly preferred.
- Possess the personality and enthusiasm to work with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and surrounding community.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a positive, student oriented approach in a demanding work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate professionalism and possession of character qualities including, promptness, courtesy, confidentiality and dependability.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and public relations abilities.
- Must be proficient in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with data tracking, data analysis, and reporting.
- Proficient in use of electronic student information systems (PeopleSoft), Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Scheduling and Reporting System (SARS), and other Internet applications.
- Compliance with FERPA guidelines.
- Understanding of the mission of GRCC.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively manage high stress student issues and concerns.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Proven initiative, follow through, and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- The position requires long periods of sitting, standing, reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. evenings and night) including occasional weekends.
Method of Application
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at GRCC job postings. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on September 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.