Grants & Contracts Officer II
The School of Public Health's Office of Research and Sponsored Projects is seeking a Grants and Contracts Officer II. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing sponsored research proposals for SPH faculty including providing proposal budgeting assistance, guidance to the format and requirements of funding opportunity announcements and liaising with OSPA as needed to ensure the success of submissions.
- Managing and processing the flow of all proposal-related documents utilizing all appropriate systems.
- Keeping current on all revisions to those systems and learn to effectively use any systems that are developed for proposal development and submission.
- Ensuring that knowledge of university and sponsor guidelines are kept current.
- Disseminating knowledge as needed to faculty and support staff.
- Acting as a liaison between the SPH and the OSPA on all center grants and contracts.
- Performing in-depth reviews of the award documents and award notification throughout the grant and/or contract process.
- Approving post-award documents. Expediting and monitoring sponsored grants expenditures: vouchers, purchase orders, requisitions, reimbursements and travel expenses.
- Keeping Principal Investigators (PI’s) abreast of grant/contract budget expenses via accurate and timely expenditure reports, shadow accounting, and expense projections.
- Working closely with OSPA staff on accounts to ensure compliance.
- Reconciling on a monthly basis all project accounts for which this position is responsible.
- Working with faculty and College Financial Officer, College Administrative Officer and designated Business Managers to maintain personnel effort reporting for all faculty to ensure accuracy and compliance for state accounts and for sponsored accounts.
- Initiate MSS transactions when needed.
- Serve as backup for initiating/submitting prior period adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned
QualificationsBachelor's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business UnitOpen until filled
College/Business Unit: School of Public Health
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 09/17/19, 9:19:43 AM