Research Project Coordinator I
Job Purpose: Coordinates the administrative aspects of a center. This position handles the planning, coordinating, reviewing, and as well as the marketing of the center and or program. This role will develop project plans for the center or department that are geared on the educational opportunities offered to the marketplace through Georgia Tech.
- Manages the certification process for participants in a center's programs.
- Manages the coordination activities of the program including registration, certification, budgeting, and all communications with the participants.
- Facilitates all events for participants focused on networking, information sharing, and furthering program participation.
- Responsible for all administrative duties associated with the center, including budgeting, communications, and scheduling.
- Serves as the public relations coordinator for the center including working with C&M for outreach activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: A technical diploma or a 2 year degree with 4-5 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Work Experience: Four to five years of job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Knowledge of project management, the Microsoft suite of products, and/or experience in public relations.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience in University setting; experience with community outreach, event planning and website maintenance for a Center grant.
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Thisposition will provide administrative support to the Southeast Center forMathematics and Biology (SCMB), the Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization(ACO) program and the School of Mathematics. Excellent written andverbal communication, customer service and organization skills required. The ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and/or within a teamenvironment.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: This position will interact with external groups which a center or department will work with. This includes both internal and external audiences. This position typically will advise and counsel: This position will typically advise those employees involved in research associated with a center including faculty and graduate students. This position will supervise: This position does not supervise employees.
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: College of Sciences
Job Posting: Sep 17, 2019, 1:29:34 PM