Administrative Associate IV - COBA
Job location: Killeen TAMUCT
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-16
Job TitleAdministrative Associate IV - COBAAgencyTexas A&M University - Central TxDepartmentCollege Of BusinessProposed Minimum Salary$12.36 hourlyJob LocationKilleen, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
Works under general supervision and provides advanced administrative support work.
This position provides advanced level administrative assistance to the program departments within the College of Business Administration and is responsible for essential departmental duties as part of office records and management; verbal and written communications; projects, reports, and document production, organizing and planning; and financial functions. This position extensively supports faculty and student needs on an ongoing basis.
Office & Records Management
- Performs general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining faculty records (tangible and digital), general records retention, conference room reservations, updating websites (submitting changes to website).
- Assist in management of the office to ensure appropriate coverage and effectiveness.
- Filing and retrieving documents, records and reports.
- Assists students in a variety of ways and solving of problems: setting appointment with faculty; assisting in problems related to academic progress, degree plans, substitutions, scheduling and overrides; and resolving of complaints.
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential reports and correspondence.
- Drafts and composes routine correspondence on behalf of the Chair and department faculty.
- Alerts the Chair and Dean to outstanding issues and staff concerns.
- Assists in the production of documents and proofing of final documents prepared for the appropriate signature or for distribution.
- Answers and screens office telephones.
- Attends various academic meeting in order to prepare and distribute minutes of those meetings and monitor status of action items.
- Participates on committees, including faculty and staff search committees.
- Screens complaints to determine the appropriate action or referral.
- Serves as a liaison with faculty and staff (student).
- Participates in selected COBA events, including retreats, ceremonies, and luncheons.
Projects, Reports and Document Production
- Collects, compiles and prepares materials for the department.
- Organizes and tracks work towards yearly strategic goals and major projects.
- Conducting library and internet searches.
- Coordinating special events, speakers, guests, as assigned.
Organizing and Planning
- Plans and coordinates meetings involving various on and off campus groups; may hold a lead role on projects as assigned by the COBA leadership.
- Assist with travel arrangements for the department faculty and staff.
- Manages requests for appointments by prioritizing, researching, and responding to or delegating responses as appropriate.
- Assists with employment searches conducted by the department.
- Tracks, anticipates, and prepares for upcoming deadlines and events that require action by the department.
- Prepares and reviews travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and ensures compliance with all university financial rules and procedures.
- Tracks faculty spending on scholarship and development in accordance with COBA guidelines.
- Manages purchasing requirement and approvals for the department(s).
- Manages the procurement card log and reconciliation.
- Manages funds in support of the college and department(s) mission.
Other duties or projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm or as work requirements indicate.
Position Closes: 9/30/2019
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.