Posting Number: SRGV4059
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine
Scope of Job:
Responsible for coordinating communication plans for the division or large department in order to support communication and special project needs using various media, such as digital, print, social media, electronic communications, and campus engagement events.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates communications for projects and service rollouts that support university and divisional goals and objectives that impact the university community, including:
o Creates, develops and implements strategic marketing and communications plans for the department in line with the overall university goals and strategies.
o Designs publications and other informational materials for various departmental activities.
o Coordinates communiqués via various media resources.
o Writes copy to communicate information to a diverse population of students, staff and faculty.
• Responsible for coordinating the actions for the communication and ensuring all communication activities are executed within UTRGV guidelines, copyright and privacy laws, and supporting the overall communication strategy of the organization.
• Plans, supervises, and schedules the work of assigned staff by determining work priorities, evaluating work progress, and ensures deadlines are met.
• Coordinates dissemination of division and departmental information and key messages.
• Ensures standards and style guides for outgoing print and digital media as established through UTRGV’s University Marketing and Communications department are maintained.
• Reviews, evaluates, and approves graphics, text, and layout of work for flyers, posters, brochures, newsletters, newspaper and other types of communications for effective messaging, which includes tailoring communication for audiences outside the department; while ensuring final approval through University Marketing and Communications has been obtained.
• Leads planning and development of strategic communications plans to effectively reach and engage audiences by combining broadcast and engagement communication methods, including identification of audience, tools, and communication channels.
• Assists in the development and use of communication operating and budgeting process.
• Leads the development of multi-year communication planning process, including recommendation of goals in coordination with the UTRGV and department guidelines.
• Develops and directs appropriate outcome-based metrics to evaluate effectiveness of programs and reports.
• Coordinates with other campus communication professionals such as marketing managers, photographers, graphic designers, printing specialists, and training specialists to understand local opportunities and challenges in reaching target audiences with key messages to empower and improve end-user skills and knowledge.
• Recommends implementation or revision of policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field from an accredited University.
Three (3) years experience in journalism, web design, public relations or related field.
Experience with word processing, PowerPoint and desktop publishing software.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends. Occasional travel will be required.
Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Strong organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 08/06/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/22610
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency