Coordinator of Research Compliance
Lewis University invites applications for a full-time Coordinator of Research Compliance. The Coordinator has the responsibility for coordinating operations pertaining to compliance issues related to research, including but not limited to the Institutional Review Board (IRB). The Coordinator assists the IRB in ensuring the rights and welfare of human subjects are protected throughout their participation in all phases of research projects and supports the sciences in compliance with safety regulations. Lewis University serves a diverse student population and community. We invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity.
- Initiates the process for development, drafting, and/or revision of operating procedures, policies, sample applications and guidelines related to the work of the IRB.
- Assumes leadership in providing education and training on the ethical conduct of human research for investigators through developing materials and conducting training for departments or individual faculty on human subjects topics, processes, forms, and policies.
- Maintains records and oversees compliance with education and training requirements regarding research ethics for faculty, staff, and students.
- Interprets and applies a wide variety of policies, regulations, and guidelines related to human subjects research, conflict of interest issues, funding, and other entities governing research compliance.
- Provides guidance investigators, IRB members, and other staff in interpreting and applying regulations, policies, and guidance to protocol review.
- Maintains systematic and complete records of IRB business, including but not limited to all IRB submissions, membership, and training dates.
- Facilitates IRB function by overseeing the submission process for IRB proposals, assuring proposals comply with IRB requirements, and expediting communication within the IRB and with all researchers.
- Collaborates with the Chair of the IRB in reviewing research protocols of potentially greater than minimal risk studies.
- Coordinates with the Associate Provost for Research and Faculty Development and faculty committees to ensure compliance with biosafety, biohazard, and chemical hygiene regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in pertinent field and at least two (2) years direct experience in an IRB/HRPP. Certified IRB Professional (CIP) certification or other research safety/compliance certification required.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four or more years of direct experience in research administration, including experience with human subject protocol review, preferably at a college, university, or non-profit research institute.
Interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/4514
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is an innovative and forward-thinking Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University has been nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. In addition to our main campus in Romeoville, Illinois, we have a growing number of fully on-line programs and locations in Oak Brook, Tinley Park and Albuquerque, NM.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Lewis University provides tuition benefits, health plans and retirement benefits that add to your bottom line. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that we are a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment. Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, serves a diverse community and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion on our campus as an equal opportunity employer.
We invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are fully dedicated to providing opportunities for development of the whole person. To demonstrate this commitment, Lewis University wishes to build a culturally diverse workforce which strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.