General Museum Educator
MOCA Jacksonville is looking for a Museum Educator to implement and support educational initiatives to serve the Museum’s mission and audiences with particular focus on school and adult tours:
Program assistance may include participation in one or more of the following:
- School Tours: Plan and serve school tour programs to PreK-12 students that align with state and national curriculum standards. Assist with material prep, set up, and classroom maintenance.
- Adult Tours: Deliver tours to adult groups based on current exhibitions. Share information and facilitate engagement through in-gallery discussion.
- Art Camp: Serve as art instructor for children ages 4-14. Plan and implement art making activities for different age and skill levels. Engage children through gallery interactions. Follow appropriate safety and emergency procedures. Art Camp occurs during scheduled school breaks, including Winter, Spring, and Summer.
- Other Education Programs: Assist with all Museum Education programs, including Voice of the People, Art Aviators, and other outreach efforts.
Hours will range in the weekdays from 8am-5pm (variable per needs of museum). This position requires the flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
-Candidates must have a Bachelors in Art Education, Education, Art, Art History or a related discipline;
-Minimum 1 year experience working with children in an educational setting;
-Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills;
-Ability to enforce museum specific etiquette with students;
-Ability to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including students, teacher, museum staff and visitors;
-Must have a flexible schedule that will allow for some fluctuation due to school, event or museum variants;
- Must have reliable transportation;
-Cannot be a current UNF student.
-Experience teaching in a classroom setting;
- Experience in a variety of art making skills including drawing, painting, ceramics, and sculpture;
-Experience in the arts or in cultural advocacy;
-Experience with children with Special Needs;
-Proficiency in a foreign language desirable. Spanish or Sign Language preferred.
This position requires a background check. In conjunction with the University’s policy, this position may also require a credit check.EOD
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.Carnegie
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University’s collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF’s mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.Faculty Initiatives
The University of North Florida promotes the quality and effectiveness of education and strives to maintain the highest standards of academic excellence in all phases of instruction, research/scholarship/creative activity, and service.Posting Detail Information Anticipated Start Date10/07/2019Job Posting Date09/09/2019Application Review DateApplication DeadlineOpen Until FilledYesPoint of Contact InformationKiersten Lampe at (904) 620-4204Hiring OfficialBen ThompsonLocation if not JacksonvilleSpecial Instructions
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Kiersten Lampe at (904) 620-4204, or [email protected]Quicklinkhttp://www.unfjobs.org/postings/11957Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UNF student?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Art Education, Education, Art, Art History or a related discipline?
- * Do you have at least one year's experience working with children in an educational setting?
- * Do you have reliable transportation?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest