Library Technical Assistant
DescriptionLocated on six Georgia State University campuses throughoutmetro Atlanta, the University Library provides faculty and students with open,and inviting educational facilities and an active online experience. As an integral part of the Universitycommunity, the library welcomed more than 2 million visitors in the pastyear. As a valued partner in studentsuccess, the library supports both teaching and research with extensivecollections, innovative solutions, and outstanding assistance. For additional information about the GeorgiaState University Library, visit library.gsu.edu. The University Library will provide leadership to theUniversity community in acquiring, facilitating, managing and curatingscholarly information and will offer new and emerging technologies to supportfaculty and student research, teaching and learning. The University Library,Clarkston campus is seeking to hire a full time Library Technical Assistant.The scope of responsibility will include these essential duties but is not limitedto the following:
General Patron & Circulation
- Completes basic circulation functions, such as checkingin/out and renewing library materials using Alma - our integrated librarysystem software, and managing on-line study room reservations via Alma andLibCal Spaces.
- Answers patron questions in-person or by phone regardinglibrary services, resources, general campus queries, including referrals forservices/resources, and directional assistance within the library, includinglocating materials.
- Assist with basic university supported program and softwareapplications, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) andRespondus Lockdown Browser.
- Troubleshoot basic technology hardware issues, such asprinters, copier/scanners, laptops, Chromebooks, desktop computers, and otherlibrary equipment.
- Troubleshoot general technology issues, such as passwordreset, connecting to WIFI, and PantherCard / PantherCash usage, which mayinvolve contact with the PantherCard Office.
- Manages the shelf space at the Clarkston campus library,while maximizing ease of access for students, faculty, and staff.
- Oversees the program of visually scanning the libraryshelves to ensure the tangible collections are in proper call number order,which involves coordinating with Technical Services Department to accessreports and shelf lists.
- Provides support to Technical Services Department withspecial projects: cancellations, updating holding information (item types, itemlocations, and/or item policies).
- Serves as liaison to Facilities Management ServicesDivision, Customer Service Center. Monitors and surveys library building forfacilities and maintenance issues and reports issues.
- Tracks open work order requests and follows up with facilityand maintenance supervisors.
- Updates various signage in the building.
- High school diploma or GED and three years of library, customer service, or office experience.
- Supervisory or lead worker experience may be required for some positions.
College/Business Unit09/30/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: University Library
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 09/16/19, 11:00:00 PM