Director, Office of Research & Sponsored Projects
The School of Public Health's Office of Researchand Sponsored Projects is seeking a Director of Research and Sponsored Projectsto be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Manages the day to day operations for researchadministration in the School of Public Health (SPH).
- Strategic partnering withAssociate Dean for Research and College Administrative Officer.
- Collaborates with College Finance Officer (CFO)to ensure sponsored allocations are properly accounted for.
- Supervises the school's Grants and ContractsOfficers (GCOs).
- Serves as a key liaison for SPH researchfaculty, GCOs, and the Office of Sponsored Proposals and Awards (OSPA).
- Manages concerns that arise through the lifecycle of the grants.
- Responsible for coordinating with OSPA todevelop standard operating procedures and policies.
- Facilitates the collaboration with OSPA and theSchool of Public Health; communicates directly with the AVP of OSPA regardingany issues, training, programs development, as colleague, to continue to buildon the collaboration between the School and OSPA.
- Manages and oversees pre- and post-awardadministration in the school; supervises GCO's all with a portfolio thatsupport research proposal building and award implementation management for theschool.
- Serve as backup for the pre-award process.
- Oversee review of proposals, contracts &grants budgeting and extensions.
- Oversee assisting faculty with the compilationof their proposals including budget and budget resource narrative.
- Oversee expenditure reviews on sponsoredprojects including managing sf expenditure approval workflow through Spectrumand PantherMart to ensure grant specific staff and PIs are included as needed.
- Works with CFO to ensure FC15 and residualaccounts are allocated and budgeted correctly (including IDC splits betweenunits).
- Oversee the dissemination of up to dateinformation and procedure or policy changes related to research administration.
- Works with College Human Resources Officer toresolve payroll issues; assigns, pre-reviews and certifies PERS as needed.
- Approve MSS transaction when needed.
- Works with CFO to monitor and documentcost-share, distributed earnings and salary caps.
- Works with faculty and Grants & Contractsstaff; trains various types of staff and faculty on running reports through theuniversity sponsored programs system, processing payments and on-line inquiriesfor sponsored funded allocations.
- Collaborates with OSPA AD's to ensure processesare efficient and effective for both the school and the university.
- Troubleshoots issues that emerge from allstakeholders.
- Lead liaison with OSPA cost accounting personnelto ensure research core sales & service (including quasi-revenue) accountsare routinely evaluated to ensure pricing is up to date and in compliance withfederal standards for service centers.
- In addition, is the lead for school responsesand coordinating efforts of grants staff with OSPA, GSURF, and GSU with regardto external and internal audits & research space surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and six years of related supervisory/management experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business UnitOpen until filled
College/Business Unit: School of Public Health
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 09/16/19, 1:39:22 PM