Admission Advisor II (International Recruitment)
DescriptionJob Purpose: Conduct student recruiting efforts aimed at the identification and enrollment of qualified applicants, typically within a target prospect group such as women, minorities, etc. Evaluate, advise and recommend prospects based on established Institute admissions standards. Focus is primarily on freshmen and transfer enrollments.Major Responsibilities:
- Counsel prospective students and parents regarding attendance at Georgia Tech and related qualifications.
- Evaluate freshman applications, official transcripts and other documentations required to make admissions decisions.
- Conduct group and individual information sessions for campus visitors and during high school visits.
- Recommend plans regarding specialty recruitment.
- Coordinate admission process with academic departments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to four years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires specialized knowledge of and skills in applying Institute admissions standards and enrollment processing. Skills in communications, presentation and counseling regarding college admissions is also required as is relationship building and customer service.
- Preferred Education: Master's degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Fluency in foreign language may be preferred depending on area of specialty recruitment.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Institute enrollment management, staff and academic administrators; secondary school administrators; prospective students and their parents. This position typically will advise and counsel: prospective students and their parents, secondary school administrators. This position will supervise: NA
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Enrollment Services
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2019, 12:11:29 PM