Research Security Manager Sr
DescriptionJob Purpose: Manage security programs concerned with protecting Institute employees, properties, facilities, physical assets and classified information. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.Major Responsibilities:
- Implement and administer security programs that control access to the organizations facilities or assets.
- Manage a team of security guards that are responsible for monitoring company grounds to prevent theft, violence, or other loss of company property.
- Ensure compliance with security requirements set by the Department of Defense (DoD) or a similar agency.
- Process employee security clearances and verify and approve visitors.
- Conduct security trainings or briefings for employees.
- Maintain personnel files or facility security logs.
- Participate in audits or inspections.
- Oversee the storage, retrieval, distribution, and destruction of classified materials.
- Investigate and record accidents, theft or other losses, or allegations of illegal behavior.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associates Degree or two years college course work in a closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Ten or more years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires the ability to work as part of a team, develop and mentor others, and meet deadlines. Must be detail oriented and have skills in decision-making, management, leadership, problem management, problem/situation analysis, judgement, and organization. Must have working knowledge of the requirements contained in the DoD National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, thorough knowledge of JPAS, ISFD, SIMS and basic office applications, and superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: American Society for Industrial Security International (ASIS), Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or National Classification Management Society (NCMS) Industrial Security Professional (ISP)
- Preferred Skills: Previous Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and/or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) experience.
Job: Lab Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2019, 12:08:18 PM