Computer Science and Engineering Assistant Professor of Practice
The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management in partnership with the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at The University of Nebraska-Lincoln invites applications for a position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Practice, beginning August 2020. This is a 9 month, full-time teaching-focused, non-tenure-track, career-oriented position housed within the Raikes School. The initial appointment for this career-oriented, teaching-focused position is for a term of up to three years, with the opportunity for future multi-year renewals. The teaching load is four courses per year at the Raikes School, the majority of which are lower-level classes in computer science and software engineering. Additionally, this position will support 3 to 5 Design Studio teams per year.
The Raikes School is a residential undergraduate honors program integrating the teaching of computing and management. Students take two years of Design Studio, a team-based capstone experience developing real projects for real clients. The school is located in Lincoln, NE, the third largest of the Big-10 cities, and the locus of the “silicon prairie”. Our curriculum integrates design thinking, model thinking, and innovation.
UNL is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in all areas of the campus community. Candidates from underrepresented groups in higher education are especially encouraged to apply. The University of Nebraska is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action and equal opportunity. We assure reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Minimum Required Qualifications
Minimum qualifications are:
1) PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline. Candidates working on their dissertation with an anticipated completion date before August 2020 will be considered.
2) Evidence of strong teaching ability.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Previous college teaching experience.
2) Industry software development experience.
3) Project management experience to support and supervise Raikes Design Studio student projects and teams.
Click “Apply to this job” and complete the information form. Attach the following documents:
1) Letter of interest with brief narrative addressing qualifications for the position.
2) Curriculum vita.
3) Official graduate school transcripts (as Other Document).
4) Name and contact information for three references (at time of application).
5) Please send three letters of reference separately to the search committee chair:
Raikes PoP Search Committee Chair
Attn: David Keck
PO Box 880690
Lincoln, NE 68588-0690
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.For questions or accommodations related to this position contact
PO Box 880690
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- List of References