Associate Professor - Elem Literacy Education (K-6)
The Department of Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education in the College of Education and Human Sciences at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has an open faculty position for an associate professor of elementary literacy education (K-6). Responsibilities for this position include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in elementary education with an emphasis in literacy and reading; producing scholarly research and publications; providing leadership in literacy education within the graduate program; supervising field experiences; advising graduate students; collaborating with schools; contributing to institutional initiatives directed toward excellence in teacher education; and engaging in service to the department, college, university, and community.
Our new faculty colleague in elementary literacy education will be joining an exciting community of scholars who are actively engaged in teacher education and teacher professional development. The department is committed to preparing and supporting exceptional educators who are innovative and reflective scholar practitioners. The department’s values of scholarship, teaching, and service are grounded in affirming diversity, creating knowledge and innovation, engaging with a broad array of communities, fostering a sense of belonging, and promoting civic engagement. Additional information about the Department and College of Education and Human Sciences can be found at https://cehs.unl.edu/tlte and http://cehs.unl.edu.Minimum Required Qualifications
- Earned doctorate in education or related field
- Three years of teaching experience in elementary school settings
- Teacher education teaching experience (including teacher supervision)
- Evidence of a strong publication record in refereed journals and other educational publications
- Evidence of a nationally visible research agenda commensurate with the expectations of highly research active institutions
- Evidence of professional institutional and national service
- Experience in multilingual/multicultural school environments
- Experience teaching multiple grade levels in public elementary school settings
- Demonstrated evidence to secure external funding for research
- Experience with emergent biliteracy
- Experience with digital, academic, and content area literacies
Click “Apply to this job.” Complete the application and attach the following documents: 1) letter of intent, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) contact information for three professional references, and 4) research statement, teaching statement, and a scholarly writing sample. Statements and writing sample can all be combined into one document and attached as “Other Document.”
Three letters of recommendation should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Dr. Loukia K Sarroub, Literacy Search Committee Chair, Department of Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education, PO Box 880355, Lincoln, NE 68588-0355. Letters of recommendation must be received by the application review date in order to receive full consideration for the position.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.For questions or accommodations related to this position contact
Dr. Loukia Sarroub
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Other Document