Job location: Annenberg Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-12
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleMarketing ManagerJob Profile TitleMarketing Coordinator AJob Description SummaryThe Marketing Manager is a vital member of the marketing team overseeing social media implementation, direct mail, student engagement, and grass roots marketing outreach. The manager also provides key support in print material production, advertising and overall marketing operations.Job Description
- Assist in the Annenberg Center’s social media efforts;
- Coordinate all direct mail marketing campaigns, serving as the primary contact with the mail house and list co-op;
- Oversee student engagement activities, including event coordination and communications;
- Oversee print production process for flyers, posters, program inserts and more for performances and promotional marketing initiatives;
- Support content gathering, editing, advertising, and production of program books;
- Coordinate advertising in the program books, poster cases and plasma screen in Annenberg Center’s lobby;
- Handle grassroots marketing efforts, including email and advertising trades, ticket donations, and oversee participation partner events;
- Use Tessitura to create mailing/email lists and update lists in list co-op;
- Represent Annenberg Center marketing team at performances and community meetings;
- Support supervisor on advertising, email and other projects as needed;
- Some evening and weekend work required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Proven skills in marketing or a related field with a minimum of two years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in and knowledge of the performing arts preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) required.
- Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software preferred.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of the performing arts is preferred.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.