Accounting Generalist - Technical Craft Specialist B
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleAccounting Generalist - Technical Craft Specialist BRequisition NumberSCL00234General Description
The Accounting Generalist – Technical Craft Specialist B performs a wide array of accounting functions to include the processing of student scholarships, student financial aid awards, grants and foundation tuition. Primary responsibilities include performing account analysis, reconciling Title IV awards, coordinating the distribution of book awards, processing scholarship vendor payments, and completing financial and accounting transactions related to special projects awards. This position works closely with the Office of Financial Aid, Bursar’s office, grant project directors, and other key staff responsible for student applications and the processing of awards.
TESTING FORT THIS POSITION:
• Collaborate with Financial Aid & Bursar’s Office in setting up the detail code, requirements and restriction of the awards from the source of funds for the non-governmental scholarship, foundation scholarships, and grants tuition awards; as well as processing all corresponding accounting transactions.
• Analyze student Accounts Receivables for financial aid, foundations, grants and scholarships.
• Process billing for financial aid, foundation, grants and scholarships.
• Collaborate with the Grant Coordinator concerning the financial reporting of student awards to grantees.
• Analyze and process adjustments of student account balances and awards.
• Reconcile financial aid Title IV awards and scholarship awards, and perform various accounting transactions.
• Provide analysis of Title IV awards needed for drawdown of funds.
• Perform journal entries for drawdown transactions and application of drawdown funds.
• Process book awards, set up student bookstore accounts and reconcile bookstore invoices with authorizations for books awards.
• Process transmittals for scholarships, foundation & various grants including scan and index for Banner Document Imaging System upload.
• Assist in the processing of weekly check runs for disbursement of special project student awards and various grants.
• Provide analysis of due to/from accounts for settlement of cash transfers and perform the necessary accounting transactions.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Ensure that special project student awards are received, recorded and processed efficiently and effectively.
• Assist with the special project student award year end closing process.
• Review and update documented accounting processes and procedures as assigned.
• Prepare, review, scan and index journal entries for Banner Document Imaging System upload.
• Track restricted and foundation funds gift cards disbursements and provide information to the Office of Financial Aid to keep student records up-to-date.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High School diploma, or GED equivalent, with five (5) years of experience in accounting or accounts receivables; or an Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting or Business with a minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting or accounts receivables required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel required.
• Experience using an enterprise-wide system required.
• Ability to organize and plan work methodically with attention to detail required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Previous work experience in student billing and processing financial aid awards preferred.
• Banner experience preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
TESTING FORT THIS POSITION:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on September 24, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankVIISalary Range$17.75 - 23.90Job Posting Open Date08/20/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionClassifiedJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a high school diploma or GED with five (5) years of experience in accounting or accounts receivables; OR an Associate's or higher degree in Accounting or Business with a minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting or accounts receivable.
- * Do you have experience in student billing and processing financial aid awards?
- * Do you have previous experience using an enterprise-wide system?
- * Do you have experience using Banner by Ellucian?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application