Concordia Seminary serves church and world by providing theological education and leadership centered in the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ for the formation of pastors, missionaries, deaconesses, scholars, and leaders in the name of The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Concordia Seminary is currently engaged in a search for a Full-Time Admissions Coordinator to work in their General Academics Office.
A team position primarily responsible for admission of students in Advanced Studies, Ethnic Immigrant Institute of Theology (EIIT), Center for Hispanic Ministry (CHS), and Specific Ministry Program (SMP) programs; develop annual goals and written plans; foster an awareness of vocation and the process of discernment appropriate to each of the programs; provides administrative support and data entry for each of the programs; collaborates with other members of the admissions team to ensure a consistent admissions process across programs.
- Will develop and maintain relationships internally with program directors of the Advanced Studies, SMP, GPC, EIIT, and CHS programs to assist them with admissions.
- Will develop and maintain relationships externally with missionaries, pastors, district presidents, district mission executives, theological school administrators, lay people, etc. to assist potential students in the admissions process.
- Maintains PowerCampus information on all inquiries and applicants, creates new records for prospective students, enters all application and supporting document information, updates PowerCampus as necessary.
- Will serve as part of the Admissions Team to develop best practices and flawless tracking of inquiries and applicants.
- Will compose concise summaries of all applicants for the Ministerial and Advanced Studies Admissions Committee meetings.
- Maintains information on all Entry-Level Competency Exam (ELCE) participation for programs mentioned above, whether by Questionmark or other means: creates new participants and assigns appropriate tests based on program and degree, records all results in PowerCAMPUS, generates Coaching Reports for participants, and compiles data for appropriate program directors.
- Generates weekly application status reports and disseminates to assigned customers within campus community. Generates ad-hoc application status reports when requested by seminary administration.
- Coordinate all appointments associated with prospective student visits including, but not limited to, housing, financial aid, classroom visits, campus tours, lunches with professors, securing guest housing and meals. Coordinates visit with applicant's program director.
- Attends admissions committee and advanced studies committee meetings and brings files on behalf of each program.
- In coordination with the Senior Administrative Assistant for Admissions, responsible for keeping departmental records and policies up to date. Provides annual updates to the Academic Catalog. Regularly updates the Student Handbook by soliciting information from participating departments.
- Prepares and sends mailings to prospective students, prepares and sends site visit information and publicity to all site hosts, neighboring congregations, and to all Concordia University System schools and Valparaiso University.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Preferred)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with graduate students and ESL students with a service oriented attitude
- Experience working with filing systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, as well as web based databases.
- Excellent writing ability and verbal skills
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.