Transfer Center Support Specialist
The Transfer Center Support Specialist will assist the Director of the Transfer Center in providing transfer and completion advising to students, piloting guided pathway planning, researching and advising on policies/practices to increase college completion, assist with grant reporting, and providing support in various Title V initiatives relating to student success.
1. Meet with students individually or in small groups to facilitate transfer, completion activities, and advising to comply with Title V initiatives.
2. Manage a caseload of students and monitor their progress in transferring to four-year institutions, and provide them with the resources and pathways to explore.
3. Identify options for students to satisfy degree requirements, and assist students in successful completion of degree/program requirements.
4. Utilize available technology to maintain student data in an effort to measure effectiveness of the Transfer Center events as well as complete retention and matriculation reports for Title V.
5. Work in partnership with student services, faculty and four-year institutional representatives on the creation and implementation of guided pathways for transfer and the development of new partnerships.
6. Coordinate events that will help students explore their transfer options, and enhance the transfer culture of the College.
7. Collaborate with our 4 year university partners to develop relevant and up-to-date transfer guides.
8. Represent the Transfer Center in college and community events.
9. Assist in overseeing student workers and inters in the Transfer Center.
10. Serve on various institutional committees as assigned.
11. Perform work-related duties as assigned.
Director of the Transfer Center
Master's Degree required
Three or more years of experience with transfer academic advising and working with Hispanic and low-income community college students.
Demonstrates knowledge of two-year and four-year transfer processes.
Demonstrates skills in communication, project management, organization, and technology. Ability to analyze, problem solve and thinks independently. Commitment to collaboration and teamwork. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.