Assistant Director, Admissions
Coordinates and implements promotional and recruitment efforts, including events, services and communication with students.
1. Develops, plans, promotes and implements on-campus recruitment events, including but not limited to:
Future Focus College Fair
Latino College Visit Day
African-American College Visit Day
Polish College Visit Day
Veterans Day, Presidents Day, and Columbus Day Campus Visits
Tuesdays at Triton
Counselor Workshops: In-District
Counselor Workshops: Out-of-District
Counselor Appreciation Day
2. Coordinates the communications directed to prospective students to answer all their questions including but not limited to follow-up phone calls, e-mails, letters, and social medias.
3. Manages and plans the campus group tours for high schools, ESL groups, and other community businesses and agencies. Coordinates the scheduling of individual/family appointments and tours.
4. Maintains the recruitment calendar for all activities including on-campus support events and other department information sessions.
5. Plans and help coordinate phone campaigns, delivery campaigns, and other efforts to reach out to current, former and prospective students. Coordinate with the College Relations Associates for any off-campus deliveries.
6. Provide other departments a list of students interested in their programs from program brochures, in-bound calls, and welcome cards for follow-up by faculty.
7. Manages the admission and recruitment material inventory system, initiating reorders and revisions as necessary.
8. Recommends Admission expenditures within budgetary guidelines.
9. Develops and maintains effective training and staff development programs for area of responsibility.
10. Assist with the development annual goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
11. Represents the Admission and Records department on appropriate institutional committees.
12. Participates in professional association activities on local, regional and state levels.
13. Assists with the implementation of various recruitment, outreach and registration functions as necessary.
14. Supports and participates in various programs and activities within the Enrollment Services Division.
15. Performs others duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions Services.
1. Director, Admissions
Bachelor's Degree in Student Personnel Services/Administration, Communication, Business or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum of two years experience in Admissions, College or University recruitment, Student Services, Advising/Counseling, or equivalent. Experience in planning and implementing large and small scale events. Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
Knowledge of all areas of admission and related functions; basic knowledge of financial aid; full knowledge of the mission of the community college.
Strong organizational, planning, management, communication and interpersonal skills.