IT Support Programmer/Web Specialist - University Press (121299)
IT Support Programmer/Web Specialist
University of Illinois System Urbana
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The University System Office seeks an IT Support Programmer/Web Specialist to work within the University of Illinois Press. Primary function includes maintenance of website infrastructure and content to include server and database administration and web application development on a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP stack. Additional functions include coordinating the integration of information sources to web server endpoints, applying current technology and standards to existing online media; Windows Server administration and maintenance; and technical assistance to PC and Mac desktop users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be expert in the Open Journal system – provide technical support to journal editors and OJS users; troubleshoot issues; maintain styling and all OJS related assets.
- Manage the transfer of book and journal digital assets to industry platforms; maintain points-of-contact; troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
- Maintain and update web assets for press hosted journal sites.
- Contribute to development of in-house utility applications on the Filemaker platform.
- Perform other duties appropriate for a Support Programmer/Web Specialist.
Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
a) progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession.
b) college course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent - 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one year, 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two years.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
Successful Candidates will also have:
- Basic knowledge of Linux web server operations.
- Strong knowledge of Windows systems and MS software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with University staff and external agencies.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards.
- Proficiency in several modern programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, Perl, PHP.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Information Technology Technical Associate position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after October 14, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by October 14, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application. Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms. Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Melissa McMullen at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:System Office Category:8-Technical Title:IT Support Programmer/Web Specialist - University Press (121299) Open Date:09/13/2019 Close Date:10/14/2019 Organization Name:Univ Press G and A