Manager, Cybersecurity Software Development and Assurance - Technology Services (121891)
Manager, Cybersecurity Software Development and Assurance
University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign
Technology Services provides campus-wide technology solutions that support the teaching, learning, and research missions of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We partner with other departmental IT staff to serve nearly 60,000 faculty, staff, and students.
We invest in our staff to enable them to do their best work and prepare for inevitable changes in the technology landscape. We encourage and provide opportunities for continuous learning and development.
The Cybersecurity Operations team is looking for a motivated, experienced manager with experience in software development and cybersecurity. He/she will have well-rounded knowledge of software security as a discipline executed within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), methods by which it can be implemented and achieved, and approaches by which development teams may be made ready to execute successfully. The role will be responsible for managing a team of developers who focus on delivering value in terms of software development, process, and cybersecurity assurance for the enterprise while also participating in projects that directly benefit operational cybersecurity teams or provide cybersecurity value to university constituents.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the Cybersecurity Software Development and Assurance program:
- Vendor and product integrations
- Code review/assurance
Lead and participate in institutional initiatives with regard to software development, process, security, and assurance:
- OWASP/vulnerability mitigations
- Application assessment and review
Represent the security office in collaborative and strategic initiatives, including:
Develop and maintain personal and professional excellence by:
Formulate, optimize, or enhance procedures such that they facilitate desired outcomes and work in concert with all Security workflows.
Participate in team discussions. Drive discussions as needed to represent the needs of the area in which you work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience may be concurrent:
- Four or more years progressively more responsible work experience in software development with information security duties and responsibilities.
- Two or more years of experience managing technical IT teams directly with proven ability to coordinate staff efforts for deliverables with a high degree of complexity.
- Two or more years of developing communications for non-technical and leadership audiences
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Experience in an academic/higher education campus IT environment.
- Team leadership experience.
- Experience performing operational cybersecurity duties in a professional environment.
- Experience implementing cybersecurity projects.
- Customer engagement / customer service experience.
- Experience participating in and contributing to diverse, cross-functional workgroups.
- SANS, GSEC, CISSP, CEH, MCA, CCSA, CISA or similar cybersecurity certifications highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated expertise in software development and application security.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following domains: Secure IT Operations, Data Security, Incident Response, Security Engineering, Network Security, Systems Security, or Vulnerability Management.
- Excellent attention to detail. Helpful problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment, including oral, written, and active listening.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction principles.
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment, including oral, written, and active listening. Demonstrated commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction principles.
- Ability to collaborate positively and effectively with diverse workgroups.
Salary and Appointment Information
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Manager/Administrative Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after September 30, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by September 30, 2019. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application using the “Apply for Position” button below.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Phil Stanton, Technology Services HR at at [email protected] or 217-333-4222. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:Technology Services Category:8-Technical Title:Manager, Cybersecurity Software Development and Assurance - Technology Services (121891) Open Date:09/13/2019 Close Date:09/30/2019 Organization Name:Technology Services - CIO