Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator (Chapel Hill)
Posting InformationPosition Information Position TypePermanent Faculty Working TitleFaculty Physician/ Clinician Educator (Chapel Hill)Position NumberAppointment TypeFixed Term FacultySalary RangeDependent on Qualifications and ExperienceFull-time/Part-timeFull TimeIf part-time, hours per weekFTE1.00Vacancy IDFAC0002695Posting Open Date02/08/2019Application DeadlineOpen Until FilledYesProposed Start Date01/01/2020Position Summary
Would you like to join a team dedicated to excellence in primary care? At the Department of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, we have a long history of leadership locally and nationally, an aspirational culture, and an innovative attitude. High quality, compassionate patient care is at the center of everything we do. Our faculty train the providers of the future, conduct important research, and help forge a strong future for primary care. We are known for our innovation in practice redesign and the provision of full-scope patient care. Our doctors care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care. Our strategy embraces modernization while attending to quality improvement, population health, cost reduction, and care team wellbeing. Learn more about the UNC Department of Family Medicine at: https://www.med.unc.edu/fammed/
As a Faculty Physician/ Clinician Educator you will be an integral part of our department’s success. Our team members advance the tripartite mission of the UNC School of Medicine, including excellent patient care, superior teaching, and impactful research. We support our faculty with professional development opportunities in the department, in the institution, and nationally. Each faculty member is supported by a mentoring subcommittee that helps build the framework to a successful career, including career planning, counseling around career goals, and regular review of academic activities, all tailored to individual professional and personal goals.
The Department of Family Medicine is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Faculty rank and salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent UNC faculty physician benefits and clinical incentive pay. The Department prefers full-time positions, but is willing to negotiate to no less than .75 FTE (full time equivalent). Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Clinical: Clinical responsibilities will be determined by application’s qualification and training, all determined with the fair and standard allocation of credit applied to all faculty. This could include continuity clinic and/or urgent care in the UNC Family Medicine Center, clinical care and teaching in the hospital on the Family Medicine Inpatient Service or in the Observation unit, and/or maternal and newborn care on our maternal and child health service, among a variety of other clinical possibilities.
• Teaching & Education: Like all other faculty in the department, the person in this position will fulfill the institution’s teaching mission and will teach and mentor medical students, interns, residents, fellows, and other learners.
• Research: All faculty are encouraged to develop a scholarly interest. Clinical faculty are expected to produce a scholarly product, which may include national presentations and should include manuscript submission, at a rate of one every one or two years.
• Institutional Citizenship: All faculty are expected to work as part of the larger team to improve access, reduce cost, improve quality, and promote efficiency and better health outcomes. You may be asked to engage in community outreach and attend professional events to assist with program development and building professional relationships. In addition, attention to timely and complete documentation and patient satisfaction are needed by each faculty member in our department.Educational Requirements
MD or DO required.Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Family Medicine.
Fellowship training and/or an advanced degree (e.g. MPH) is highly desirable, but not mandatory.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special InstructionsQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/155625 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and TitleEthan Pitts | HR ConsultantDepartment Contact Telephone or [email protected] Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost office at (919) 962-1092 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
If you have any questions about the job requirements or the hiring department notify the Department Contact.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a MD or DO?
(Open Ended Question)