Location: Baker College of Owosso
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Reports To: Director of Academic Affairs
Work Schedule: Standard-Academic Contract, evening and weekend hours will be required
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
Available To: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of PROGRAM DIRECTOR- ADI (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Owosso.General Statement of Duties:
The Program Director - ADI provides leadership and management of all aspects of an academic program for the Owosso Campus by providing discipline-specific expertise, supervising staff and faculty members, addressing students’ needs, and maintaining a required teaching load.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- ASE certification in related area required; Associate degree preferred in related area and master ASE certification preferred
- Experience in a leadership position within higher education preferred
- Demonstrated competency in discipline-specific knowledge and performance skills required
- Teaching experience at the college level and 3 to 5 years of work experience in the related field is preferred
- Knowledgeable in Learning Management System (Canvas)
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Provide service to the program: Participate in recruiting, hiring, supervising, staffing, and coaching of faculty; Lead and participate in curriculum development; Coordinate divisional meetings; Comply with accreditation mandates, supervise site visits, and provide notification of any substantive changes within the program or any change in accreditation status; Mentor others; Participate in program, campus, and system meetings; Develop and maintain external partnerships.
- Manage class and learning environments: Coordinate with the Director of Academic Affairs to assist and maintain schedule of course offerings and staff courses with credentialed faculty.
- Deliver effective instruction: Teach a specified number of classes; Submit grades on time, and provide constructive student feedback; utilize the College’s Learning Management System in accordance with the usage expectations. Assume primary responsibility and exercise oversight of the required curriculum, ensuring both rigor for course/program and the quality of instruction; Design and support a range of learning activities to engage all learners; Use technology appropriate to the nature and objectives of the course/program outcomes and communicate clearly the expectations concerning the use to students.
- Assess student learning: Lead continuous improvement discussions utilizing student learning assessment results; Complete Direct Measure Assessments; Use a variety of techniques to assess student learning; Coordinate continuous cycle of program assessment & annual assessment plan; Communicate assessment results to students regularly and identify learning opportunities for students.
- Maintain professional expertise and/or professional proficiencies: Pursue professional development; Encourage faculty to participate in professional development; Stay current in academic fields (belonging to professional societies, participating in pedagogical professional development, attending conferences, and working or volunteering in the field); Maintain required professional credentials, licensing, and continuing education hours as discipline standard dictates
- Engage in scholarly activities (as determined by program or campus requirements).
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email by September 30, 2019, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.