Job Title: Entrepreneurship
Job ID: 13793
- Title: Entrepreneurship Rank: Open Rank Status: Tenure Track Start: Fall 2020 (August 2020) General: The Department of Management in the Craig School of Business at California State University, Fresno is accepting applications for a tenure-track position in Entrepreneurship. Rank is open with a start date in Fall 2020. Rank will be considered depending on the candidate’s level of experience.
The successful candidate will be prepared to teach in the Craig School's undergraduate and MBA programs, conduct scholarly and applied research, and engage in service-related activities. Opportunities to teach in the Executive MBA and Accelerated Bachelor's in Business Administration program are available as well. The successful candidate will also have primary teaching and research interests in Entrepreneurship and one or more of the following areas: Management and Strategy. The successful candidate will also be involved in programs offered by the Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Specific assignments are dependent on departmental needs and the background of the individual. Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Qualifications:Required Education:
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or DBA) in Entrepreneurship, Management or a closely-related discipline from an AACSB accredited institution (or equivalent) is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;Successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level; and,Evidence of publications in scholarly journals.
- Demonstrated success in teaching excellence at the collegiate level;Demonstrated expertise in Entrepreneurship;Publications in peer-reviewed journals or high-quality journals.
- Cover letter addressing qualifications and experience;Curriculum vitae;Names and contact information of three professional references; and,Statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Three current letters of recommendation (dated within the last 12 months)Official transcripts
Department of Management, Craig School of Business
Email: [email protected]About Fresno StateCalifornia State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect and ethical behavior, please visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity The campus is ranked 24th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges.Tenure-Track Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University's Probationary Plan Process. For additional information, please visit: www.fresnostate.edu/academics/facultyaffairs/procedures/facultyrtp/. We value our commitment to the success of our faculty by providing services from the Center for Faculty Excellence to Research and Sponsored Programs.About the College and Department:The Craig School of Business (CSB) empowers future business leaders by helping students embark on successful careers in business and economics. With approximately 3,000 majors, we offer bachelor's degrees in Business Administration (with 12 different options) and Economics, and both a traditional and executive MBA. The Craig School of Business is the first CSU business school to receive a naming endowment, a ten-million-dollar pledge from Sid and Jenny Craig, and also the first in the CSU to be accredited by AACSB, International - this in 1959. Our priority for engaged learning experiences is addressed through internships, mentorships, applied projects, service learning, professional events, an international program and a highly involved regional business community. The CSB offers Business Scholar and Honors programs for outstanding students who want to challenge themselves and conduct research with faculty. The CSB is recognized by the Princeton Review as a top business program.Other Campus Information:In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.htmlCalifornia State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.