Facilities Worker II
Job Title: Facilities Worker II
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13790
Job Code: 6251 Facilities Worker II
Job Grade: Range A
Department: Facilities Operations
Anticipated Hiring Salary: $4,852 per month
Note: This is a full-time (equivalent to 40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt position.
Note: Multiple positions may be filled from this recruitment.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
OverviewUnder general supervision, the Facilities Worker II independently performs a wide range of complex semiskilled and basic skilled facilities and systems maintenance, repair and renovation work. However, the work of a Facilities Worker II does not require full journey-level skills. Incumbents must be able to analyze and troubleshoot problems across multiple trade functions, and perform necessary repairs independently. var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Respond to daily service callsPerform routine preventive maintenance functions for facilities and systemsSet up jobs and perform the manual labor preparationClean, maintain and repair fixtures, equipment and appliancesAssist in the installation of facility and systems materials, fixtures and mechanical equipmentAssist in electrical workAssist in maintenance and repair of electrical lines and fixturesAssist in the installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing and HVAC systemsAssist in facilities renovations and new constructionAssist in painting buildings and equipmentParticipate in construction site/remodel tear down and set upMake simple interior and exterior repairsMake standard furniture and carpet repairsPerform related facilities and systems support functionsClean and maintain materials, tools and equipment used in the performance of dutiesPerform all work in accordance with established safety proceduresMaintain a safe and clean work environmentMaintain records and retrieve data related to work performed using manual and/or computerized record-keeping systemsPrepare standard reportsConsult and work with other trades workersMay drive pick-ups and other automotive equipment in the performance of assigned dutiesMaintains a professional-like attitude at all times while on dutyMaintain regular attendancePerforms other related duties as may be required or directed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A comprehensive knowledge of specific methods, practices and tools related to facilities and systems maintenance and repair in areas such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting and mechanical systems
- Semi-skilled and basic skilled knowledge across multiple trades
- General knowledge of applicable trade safety practices
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory and mechanical principles
- Ability to:
- Perform proficiently a variety of semi-skilled facilities maintenance and repair tasks,
- Operate all applicable tools, equipment and systems
- Follow standard written instructions and procedures
- Read and write at a level appropriate to the position
- Perform simple arithmetic calculations as required by the position
- Perform strenuous manual labor
- Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance and repair functions
- A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to three-years of hands on experience in general facilities and systems maintenance and repair, or comparable experience as a trades assistant or laborer with demonstrated proficiency in the required duties
October 13, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$5','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$5');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$9','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$9');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.