10018353 Student Accounts Assistant
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Bursar's Office Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
This position assists in the management of student accounts.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; transfers calls and refers to appropriate personnel.
• Provides student and parents with account information; resolves problems.
• Maintains Veterans Administration Post 911 accounts and database; receives and posts wire transfers; distributes payment to student accounts; updates and maintains database; assists in analyzing and balancing accounts; assists with refund processing.
• Receives, analyzes and verifies non-sufficient funds information; notifies students; updates holds on student accounts.
• Processes departmental and agency accounts deposits; verifies amounts and detail codes; enters funds and information to department account; updates receipt numbers and amounts in appropriate databases.
• Receives registration fees and payments; verifies balances due; assists students with questions and concerns.
• Assists in analyzing student accounts for financial aid remaining balances; verifies registration status, eligibility and awards; calculates refunds.
• Processes financial aid bookstore vouchers; enters bookstore charges into students’ accounts.
• Processes meal plan purchases; enters charges to student accounts; receives and processes payments; activate meal plan on student IDs.
• Manages petty cash; balances to receipts; verifies items and eligibility; processes cash refunds upon approval.
• Maintains credit card machines; processes daily settlements; contacts providers to resolve issues.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
• Assists with student orientation.
• Balances all cashier transactions and prepares end-of-day deposits.
• Analyzes debt accounts; assists with email notifications and bill production; updates database; updates students’ accounts.
• Processes exemptions and waivers.
• Performs related duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having has a similar position for one to two year. Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs. Skill in decision making and problem solving. Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public. Skill in oral and written communication. An offer of employment will be subject to the candidate-s ability to pass a background and credit check as defined in USG policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
SALARY: Pay Grade 12.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018353 Student Accounts Assistant, Macon, 9.13.19”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D