Adjunct Instructor - English Composition (On-Ground)
Teach English 101 and/or English 104. There is a need for instructors available to teach on-ground. These are both English Composition courses. Candidates must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.Minimum Qualifications
oMaster’s degree in English or related field
oPrior undergraduate teaching experience
oPh.D. in English, Rhetoric and Composition, or related field.
oExperience teaching composition courses is preferred
Must be available to teach on-ground at our main campus located in St. Louis, MO.Posting Detail Information Posting Date08/07/2019Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
oThe Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.
oGraduate transcripts are required to complete the application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes.
oAn offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
oApplicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
oMaryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/2401Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Maryville website
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- INSIGHT Into Diversity
- Inside Higher Ed
- Diversity Awareness Partnership
- Personal referral
- If you answered "Other" please elaborate on where you learned of this opening:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a minimum of a Master's Degree?
- * Do you have a Ph.D. in English or a related discipline?
- * Do you have undergraduate teaching experience?
- * Do you have experience teaching undergraduate composition courses?
- * Are you available to teach daytime or evening classes that meet on our main campus in St. Louis, MO?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae