Prospect Research Officer
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Position TitleProspect Research OfficerPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190068-STAFF Position Summary Information Position Summary
St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time Prospect Research Officer. The Prospect Research Officer is responsible for prospect data and information for the campaign as requested by or for the president, executive vice president and the vice president. This includes prospect research profiles, portfolio and pool data. The prospect researcher is a ready partner with support for development, alumni relations and major and planned gifts in particular.
•Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive prospect, portfolio and moves management plan.
•Provide monthly reports to vice president regarding complement of prospects in portfolios, time in stage and other data in support of moves management.
•Prepare detailed and up-to-date research briefings on prospects and/or groups of prospects for EVP, VP, MGOs and other staff as needed.
•Screen and vet major gift prospects using external tools (e.g. iWaves); develop prioritized pools from which to assign prospects.
•Participate and contribute to the formulation of the University’s development planning as it pertains to information systems, the processes and procedures of prospect management and related infrastructure support services (ie. Reeher, Banner, Activity Codes).
•A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably an MLIS or equivalent, extensive investigative and research skills.
•Demonstrated ability to create and implement a comprehensive prospect, portfolio and moves management system.
•Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and prioritize prospects.
•Demonstrated proficiency in the methods of information acquisition, including use of online and printed sources of information. Show initiative in identifying new sources of information as they become necessary and/or available.
•Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of sources.
•Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through.
•Demonstrated competence in a variety of computer applications, including database, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
•Appreciation of the mission, purpose and values of a comprehensive university.
•Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
•Ability to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. Application deadline is September 30, 2019.
Permanent Link to Postinghttp://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/3878 Posting Detail Information Posting Start Date09/13/2019Close Date09/30/2019Posting Specific Questions
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA)
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Gerontological Society
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- * Please specify where you heard about this position (e.g., website name, St. Catherine University employee name, community agency name).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2