Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleInstructional AssistantDepartmentLearning and Technology Resources-Posting Number03438PLocationAnnandale, VA: 22003Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range$13.00 Position Summary Information Basic Function
The incumbent will assist and instruct students in a one-on-one environment as needed at the open computer lab (OCL) with:
•Computer hardware/software such as Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016, HTML, Java programming, assistive technology software.
•Maintenance of other computer labs and or equipment.
•Assist faculty members with classroom equipment operational issues
•Answer phone calls
•Submit ITHelpdesk tickets (if needed)
•Occasionally supervise the open computer lab in the absence of the primary supervisor.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
•Assist and instruct students in the student Open Computer Lab (OCL).
•Assist faculty with equipment operation as necessary.
•Perform basic troubleshooting techniques and minimum repair as necessary.
•Configure Wi-Fi on student laptop computers. Maintain basic computer lab operations; student check-in, paper in printers, answer questions, etc.
Associate degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications
College degree and/or course work or applicable training in information systems, computer science, or equivalent training and experience in a related field.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•Excellent English communication skills.
•Knowledge of computer operating systems and related accessories
•Knowledge of Win 10
•Knowledgeable in Java, Adobe CS, AutoCAD , Core FTP, MATlab, MySQL, , Visual Studio/Debugger.
•Knowledge of web software, standard graphics packages, and MAC OS.
•Good customer service skills, record keeping and organizational skills.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or related field; or a combination of education and experience?
- * Do you have experience with computer operating systems and related accessories?
- * Do you have experience working with Java, Adobe CS, AutoCAD , Core FTP, MATlab, MySQL, Visual Studio/Debugger?
- * Do you have experience working with web software, standard graphics packages, and MAC OS?
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document