Administrative Secretary, President's Office
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000915Job Title: Administrative Secretary, President's OfficePS Position#: 00000091Position Status: Full-TimeSalary: Starting salary range of $38,000 - $42,000 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: Classified StaffDepartment:President's Office POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Administrative Secretary will report to the Executive Assistant to the President and will provide support to both the President and the Executive Assistant. The main responsibilities will include coordinating event planning for the President’s Office, making travel arrangements, processing expenses and purchase requisitions, and preparing weekly meeting notes/minutes. The Administrative Secretary will also be responsible for answering phones, greeting guests, and coordinating the President’s calendar.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phones/route calls as directed; be the gatekeeper.
- Greet and receive visitors/guests to the President’s Office.
- Monitor the President’s calendar; handling RSVPs to meetings and events, creating travel folders, mapping directions to off-campus meetings/events, and ensuring President is where he needs to be.
- Process requests for President’s speaking engagements to ensure accuracy and timeliness of requests.
- Coordinate President’s Office event planning from meetings to special events, to include tracking the guest list, designing invitations, mailing invitations, reserving rooms, determining schematics for setup, arranging for special items (i.e., music, linens, centerpieces, photographer, and caterer), planning menus, contracting caterers, arranging for audiovisual or other support equipment, and setting up/cleaning up as needed.
- Act as a resource to other department’s event planning to ensure the President’s expectations are met.
- Design and manage President’s Office filing system for official documents, agreements, and contracts.
- Manage and maintain the Reports Due tracking reports.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations for the President.
- Prepare meeting agendas and organize materials for President’s Office meetings.
- Facilitate President’s meetings by making room reservations, making copies, arranging for audiovisual equipment, ordering food, preparing meeting room, and cleaning up.
- Create and approve purchase requisitions for the President’s Office and track billing and payment as needed.
- Process account statements and credit card expenses for the President, Executive Assistant to the President, and self monthly.
- Process Suggestion Box comments across campus (bi-weekly).
- Collaborate with Marketing & Public Affairs and Resource Development for specialty items, ordering and managing the inventory.
- Maintain office supplies, food, beverages, and kitchen supplies; keep kitchen and storage areas clean and orderly.
- Prepare monthly birthday cards for employees and Regents.
- Maintain newspaper binder and publication files.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail.
- Run office errands/shopping for supplies.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with Commencement as requested.
- Assist with Board preparation, official postings, notifications, and delivery of Board related materials when necessary.
- Assist at Board meetings as needed.
- Attend special events as requested.
- Represent the President’s Office by serving on College committees as requested and approved by the President (i.e., 75th Anniversary Planning Committee, Fall/Spring Professional Development Committee, United Way Committee, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Two (2) years of related work experience supporting managers/executives
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and able to master a wide range of complex tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well as the ability to master additional software programs as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to diffuse irate, frustrated students and parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with the public
- Strong organizational skills
- Dependable, professional
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Bilingual: Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
- Experience with executive event planning
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's (or higher) degree or have you successfully completed sixty (60) college credit hours?
- * Do you have two (2) years of related work experience supporting managers/executives?
- * Can you read, write, and speak both English and Spanish?
- * Do you have experience with executive event planning?
- * Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document